Snetterton Open Pit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrucieB

Reaction score
First time on track with the BMW tomorrow, Can't wait :)

3f818507c73f4e9da3079c9c160af71a.jpg

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

Gl bruce, enjoy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks like you've got a good day for it. Have fun, stay rubber side down, the year is only just beginning!

Had a good day on track.
Absolutely Love the bike and I can see me pushing a lot harder on to it once I'm more settled on it.
Track was cold and slippy in the morning so I kept the road tyres on. Lot's of red flags with people spilling oil onto the track which didn't really help a cold track.
Had a good session getting towed round by my 2 mates just before lunch but had a big slide, so pulled in and changed tyres to Racetec scrubs.
Found an oil on my boot and traced it to a leak from a gasket. Nipped it up but was still weeping but managed to get back out.
Got more comfortable on the bike and pushed more later following my mate but my fitness was now letting me down.
All round great day, just need to hit the gym now so I can push some more lol
I've got some good footage I'll post up in a couple of days :)

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

Where was the oil Bruce?
You saw me changing the clutch on Saturday mate, those bolts are stretch bolts,
They are 3nm, no more mate, so look into this now your home.
Which cover?????
Paul

Not sure on the torque setting for the timing cover,
There is a link on the site somewhere for all torques.
These bolts are single use stretch tension bolts.
They are about 2 quid a time. Before you take them out. Ensure you have a very light thread lock, remove, inspect, clean up with brake cleaner all mating surface. Check gasket. Then re assemble, with just a dot of locking compound. NO MORE.
Then torque down, add an extra 16th turn to activate the compound

Having a blast round with 2 of my mates late morning. Still had road tyres on and wasn't feeling 100% with them. I had a slide at the end of the vid which felt like both wheels slid a bit so I came in

Might be worth showing the camera bracket you made Bruce.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back out with my mate in the afternoon with scrubs on. My lines were well off as wasn't feeling on form but it was first TD of the year. Need to work on my fitness lol

Last edited:
Back