Just cut out for no reason????

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals,
I took off, got up to 50ish, acceleration and nothing happened?? Pulled over, turned it off and on again (like my laptop)and she started no probs. Didn't happen again. Not sure but I think all the electrics died too.

What on earth was that about, any ideas?

Jules

Was it just after a mode change mate, heard of something similar after a mode chsnge and like you turning on and off sorted it. Price of advanced technology maybe ???

This is the mysterious shutdown that a number of RR riders have experienced......over the pond anyway.

Happened to me once. Just started to accelerate and overtook a Tesco lorry and then safely pulled back in a head. The bike's engine died without any warning (no lights, no electrics)....slowed down by then, the lorry caught up and I pulled towards the left (indicated, no electrics!) and and lorry thundered past.

I came to a complete stop (was 5am in the morning so no traffic) looked around the bike to see if anything was amiss. Nothing, so fired it up and continued on my journey.

Hasn't happened since. Weird.

It just happened again. I've done 150miles since the last one. Pulled into the drive, side stand down, got off and it stopped, this time all electrics were working???? She started up no probs......ghosts.....

PS There are no mods on the bike.

Jules

Faulty side stand switch?
Or I assume bike is fitted with a device that senses once bike has gone past certain lean angle it cuts engine. On my previous 675 this was found to be missing a bolt and dealer said if it had moved it would have cut the engine as they have some sort of mercury tilt switch inside. On 675 it was behind fairing in front of the headstock

babarr46 link=topic=1034.msg9597#msg9597 date=1340825343 said:
OH, spooky, have you got missing time?
Strange dreams?
Anal probes?
Its the aliens, they did it!
The truth is out there! ;)

Nooooooo - those voices again (or is that just me)

;D ;D ;D ;D

I had a couple of cut outs at Almeria earlier this year. Mine is a 2011 model. Not sure if its the same problem - but I would get it checked out.

The first time the bike died momentarily, and then started up again - which freaked me out for the rest of the session. I was wondering whether I had imagined it, and so was super cautious for another 10 minutes.

The second time it died completely and I stopped out on track. Fortunately, I'd just gone past the chequered flag on the last session of the last day!

Turning the ignition on and off, everything behaved as normal - lights came on, tacho did the sweep, ABS and DTC lights came on - but the bike would not restart. The starter button did nothing.

It went back to BMW where it was diagnosed as a faulty RHS switchgear, and apparently is a "known problem".

Back