Portimao

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Off tnite, (well, 2 in the morning), 6 a.m. flight, starting to feel the adrenalin flow.... 4days of :chuncky::chuncky::chuncky::chuncky:

Enjoy your trip. Stay safe

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not much to write about.........
1st 2 days had to wait till lunchtime to dry out for tracktime, 3rd day was monsoon, 4th day waiting for 3rd days rain to disappear, eventually dried by last 2 sessions by which time I was well and truly $$$$$$ OFF ! Decided not to chase the last few moments with a vengeance so packed up early and found a decent bar/restaurant.
That's how the cookie crumbles I guess....

Ahh man - that sucks. The whole point of the Spain/Portugal trips is to avoid British weather!

Not much to write about.........
1st 2 days had to wait till lunchtime to dry out for tracktime, 3rd day was monsoon, 4th day waiting for 3rd days rain to disappear, eventually dried by last 2 sessions by which time I was well and truly $$$$$$ OFF ! Decided not to chase the last few moments with a vengeance so packed up early and found a decent bar/restaurant.
That's how the cookie crumbles I guess....

When I lived out there it was always rainy season March and April, with a few spring days here and there. Roads would turn to rivers in minutes.

Sorry to read that you've had a bad trip. Weather here was lovely over the weekend, felt almost like being in the Med. :)

Seriously Keith, gutted for you. But you'll live to fight another day fella.

Ah nightmare mate, gutted for ya.
Nothing worse than being out in Spain and can't get on track.
I dropped my bike in the garage and split the engine at lunchtime on the first day, managed to get back on track a couple of days later but wasn't good losing all that track time and watching my mates have a great time.

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

Portim?o

I took race wets with me to Portim?o last season as the weather there can be a bit temperamental, but fortunately I never had to use them. That said I don't think I would particularly fancy riding the track in the wet given the nature of the circuit.

I don't mind on race wets but I can do that over here lol. I won't take wets out of principal and never will....

Way I see it, saved ?300 on set of tyres, prob ?60 on fuel and possible ?1000 on repairs so take off ?250 on unused track time and ive made ?1110 !!!

:D:D:D:D

😂😂😂 if it makes you feel better i went to silverstone today. Pissed down in morning and only had dunlop 212 gps with me. Went out for sighting laps . Had dual carbon pads in (ready for aragon in a few weeks) and nearly went straight through turn 1 with zero brakes. Half way round lap 1 my tyres had turned to hard plastic and the slightesy lean and the back was stepping out and on lap 2 i was trying to wipe my visor clean and snapped it off 1 side of my helmet.
12 pm i packed up and went home

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went to Portimao last October and it pissed it down most of the time. Maybe got one days riding out of the whole trip :(

Back