Shark Speed R Sauer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boardsofnorfolk

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting new helmet,and I saw this!
7ad1adff.jpg

Think it will go well with my MS,got a dark tint visor aswell,although it has an internal dark visor!

£279 bargain!

fatbob link=topic=1027.msg9470#msg9470 date=1340568849 said:
Looks nice that :)
I hope it's as good as it looks lol
But I love the style and good colour match me thinks. Should add a few more bhp with those colours ;D

That looks great... always find internal sun visors bang down on my nose, but then again, I do have a very Very big nose!

PhilH link=topic=1027.msg9481#msg9481 date=1340616176 said:
That looks great... always find internal sun visors bang down on my nose, but then again, I do have a very Very big nose!
The visor closes down on the nose guard,so unless you have a trunk lol it won't hit it! ;D

Wild Pete link=topic=1027.msg9745#msg9745 date=1341080427 said:
Let me know how quiet this lid is.
Will do,but putting it on you cant hear much! Plus you get an extra wind guard,underneath the helmet. Test ride tommorow ;D

SHARK is proud to present a new philosophy. Utilizing all SHARK’s expertise in safety, innovation and function the SPEED -R is a helmet specifically designed to meet the passionate demands of un-faired motorcycle riders.

Boardsofnorfolk SO have you converted your s1000 to a streetfighter ? ;) ;)

Parley Waller link=topic=1027.msg9764#msg9764 date=1341092782 said:
SHARK is proud to present a new philosophy. Utilizing all SHARK’s expertise in safety, innovation and function the SPEED -R is a helmet specifically designed to meet the passionate demands of un-faired motorcycle riders.

Boardsofnorfolk SO have you converted your s1000 to a streetfighter ? ;) ;)
Lol,I did read that,so in theory it should be even better! ;D
I just can't stop looking at my helmet ha ha ha,can't wait too test out tommorow!

Tested today and can confirm,it's the nuts! Very happy,wind noise was alot less than my Arai. I'm guessing with ear plugs it would be outstanding! Perfect.

VINNY RR link=topic=1027.msg9790#msg9790 date=1341168985 said:
why is the race pro r. so expensive at £500.... and this one is only £279...?
Yeah I noticed that,considering they look the same! But there must be something else about them. But like I said mine performed really well,and it's got a nice weight to it. Still can't get over how thick the visor is! That must help no end with wind! Next ride out I'll try ear plugs.

Bought the helmet. Disappointed with the wind noise I have to use foam ear plugs. My X-Lite 701 is still quieter but doesn't hold up in rain. Shark helmets do pretty well in that category that's why I went with the Speed R. Anyone interested in the Sauer black/white/silver color? I'm willing to let it go for a good price. Let me know.

Race stylee helmets make noise , think ya need a schuberth or something like that really , which IMHO look a bit shite.
The RX7 and GP Tech I have are also shite in the noise department , i j ust dont think its in the primary scope when they build these sort of lids

You don't like Schuberth SR1?
But TBH, It's not a quiet as I thought but it's V good

Back