Donnington Park this weekend 24-26 March, here we go again.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_m

Reaction score
So the prep starts all over again. For another hectic weekend of thrills and spills.

So a strip down of the clutch for inspection turns up this little delight.
Reading just over 2k miles on the odo, not correct due to gearing but not great.
88cc1d83cd2eb6cbeacea0ed3f46b0ff.jpg
f7703622865c23420ba23fbf191b6072.jpg
19e68c87657c5eea25806875efdb41f6.jpg

More questions raised already about it. Hmm is all I can say at the moment.

All those marks are from the basket springs rubbing onto the pressure plate. I'm not going do disclose the issues just yet but it's not great.
Working on a fix for it tonight and tomorrow. I'll update later. Just something to keep an eye on if you look at your own consumables.
Could cause clutch grab issues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have they changed the springs in the newer models?

Almost like the springs can't take the centrifugal force of the rotating assembly, not good!

Last edited:
Well it's only outside. Possibly that's a good observation. Adding 30+ BHP may require a more substantial guide for the spring to assist it on its path.

I have now polished the groove up now to a nicer finish shall see if it has any effect on some aspects of delivery.

I would think adding power shouldn't make a difference as the rpms are staying the same that's unless the clutch is slipping then judder could be the cause.

Very possible then, anyway good luck with sorting it out and hopefully the racing goes well!

Ok, arrived at Donnington Park, time to get sorted, shake out and get set for the morning, ready to test.
Most important, get the burco primed up for the brews...

A hard day yesterday and the times were not where we wanted. Making drastic changes to go into qualifying with. Not sure how it will go until it's too late. :-(

Back