new helmet schuberth maybe

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybob

Reaction score
after 30 years of wearing arai helmets i am thinking about a change to possibly
a schuberth sr2 has anyone got one and what are there thought please
i am currently using a rx7 gp
cheers
bob

So it's the SR1 you're after and not the S2.

I've seen the SR1 at Hideout Leather in Essex.

More interested in the S2 but kind of pricey. Then again I have an X-Lite 802 and 701 and a Shark Racer R. Maybe one too many already.

well schuberth sr1 ordered will give my thoughts when it comes monday or tuesday just finally got sick of the wind noise with the arai and the visor mechanism plus i can't wear earplugs

I know the Arai's are noisy esp the RX7, (there is no way I could ride without ear plugs). Can you let us know how much quieter the Schuberth is? Hope it is a good buy for you.

Billybob, me too mate. I've had Arai's for years but the noise is getting to me. They are a great fit but I'm on the lookout and the SR1 is top of the list.

I'll watch this thread with interest.

Cheers

Billybob "SR1 Ordered" I assume that you tried one on before ordering the lid !
I have always had Arai's but lasy year got a Shoei. Both good quality , Shoei has better visor replacement system and is quieter, Have never ridden without earplugs and even if they are not in correctly I have to stop and sort out.
So long as the lid lid fits well (cant be pulled off whilst strapped) and is a decent make you cant go wrong. ;D

Parley Waller link=topic=1021.msg9431#msg9431 date=1340478100 said:
Billybob "SR1 Ordered" I assume that you tried one on before ordering the lid !
I have always had Arai's but lasy year got a Shoei. Both good quality , Shoei has better visor replacement system and is quieter, Have never ridden without earplugs and even if they are not in correctly I have to stop and sort out.
So long as the lid lid fits well (cant be pulled off whilst strapped) and is a decent make you cant go wrong. ;D
Let me know what it's like mate,I really do like the style of that lid.

Back