tank scratches grrrrr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchab

Reaction score
hi,can u feckin believe it ...375miles on clock and aready 3 scratches on tank ??wtf..i had a tank pad fitted one scratch is on that .but the other two are on the tank ..one being a nice chip rather than a scratch and the other one a noticable half incher inbetween tank pad ???of course being black they stand out like a pish hole in the snow??does anyone else find theres scratches easily about that area?cheers ??? ???

bigchab link=topic=1016.msg9345#msg9345 date=1340363461 said:
hi,can u feckin believe it ...375miles on clock and aready 3 scratches on tank ??wtf..i had a tank pad fitted one scratch is on that .but the other two are on the tank ..one being a nice chip rather than a scratch and the other one a noticable half incher inbetween tank pad ???of course being black they stand out like a pish hole in the snow??does anyone else find theres scratches easily about that area?cheers ??? ???

The paint is really soft...and thin on these IMO.

get some venture shield on it , got no scratches on mine.
#i did buy the "hard paint" white one though ;)

lol...yes im hearing you ::)black ones are slower too ive heard lol,just the fact when they r new the first couple of scratches hurt a bit !!!venture shield? gonna look it up n get me some,,i think all bmw paint is very soft ,i had the same arguement with my local dealer about soft paint when my M3 (ALSO BLACK ??YOU WOULD THINK ID LEARN?)looked like id driven it through sherwood fkn forrest and every every bush ,tree n fekn merry man had a go at scratchin the paint off lol never mind,you live n learn ,,thanks for the venture shield tip,,cheers

oh n by the way,,,has any off you been caught up in this recall nonsense?seems a bit of a trip !!!thats a bit of nonsense by bmw ,what do they think they are fekn playing at ,has someone got summat against black??hope the boy resposible has been shipped off to a work camp lol,i foned my dealer and asked him but he tells me im ok mine is 12 bikes past the vin number recall,,just as well wouldt be happy about letting the assholes in inverness take my engine out n get jock the local tractor n crofting expert loose on my baby,,not giving a fk wot they say ,,if it isnt factory done ram it ...or gimme some cash back,afterall we are paying top dollar for the best apparently ,,and then theres resale??how many wideo's are gonna b saying oh is it one that had to be SORTED,oh i really wanted one tht was perfect :eek: ,just another thought ...cheers

i love black bikes they look the best the big problem is they show every tiny scratch and i am too anal about cleaning it would do my head in go for the venture shield you won't be disappointed just take your time if you are doing it yourself

VINNY RR link=topic=1016.msg9348#msg9348 date=1340366670 said:
If you ride hunched over the tank with your arms splayed you wont scratch it. also ride with your legs akimbo then you wont rub paint of frame.
lol,yes tried that but just cant master it pmsl....mayby try putting my quilt over it with some duck tape ,,,mayby lol

hi billybob,i think it looks good but im up in the arsehole of scotland,,right up the top ,unless you want your tractor tuned or your sheep sheared your buggered lol,,,ill just have to see if i can find anyone around inverness ,,,but i doubht it lol,,, ;)

I dont want to alarm anyone but has anyone checked under there rear seat unit lately? Mine had about 300 miles on it and was chipped to death due to the rear tyre throwing up stones at it, so covered the whole inderside with 3m clear. The problem is on a white bike the plastic underneith is black so stone chips show up a mile off.

I would strongly suggest doing the same and covering the underneith with 3m cause with sticky tyres it doesnt half take a battering.

Back