Finally here - now for the dumbest question ever... RG covers?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonfrog

Reaction score
Team,

Finally got the bike in fire blue - loverly indeed.

Also received a bundle of RG stuff and here's the silly question: how do I fit this for engine covers? I see I need to unscrew the original screws and replace with the longer ones but is that all there is to it? Am I not risking some bit falling of or leaks? Apologies for this I really know nothing on that front.

If someone has some pointers that would be great before I make some silly mistake this week end :)

Thats all you have to do fella. I seem to remember someone on here did have an oil leak after fitting R&G stuff. I've got GB stuff which fits the same way and I've had not leaks.

All done! Thank you for the advices.

About to go out for first time. Running it in will surely be a torture but weather seems nice today so Banzai!

:)

Head down south and find some nice twisty roads, at least putting the miles on will be a bit of fun then ;D

Pfew!

1st day out and 320 miles in. Followed the advice and headed south - left early - some great roads near winchester!

This bike is a joke...Running it in in rain mode its already very good fun! It definitely belongs to the track though now that much is clear...

The quickshifter takes some getting used to but after a while its pretty cool. Brakes are brutal and this puppy does feel super nimble.

loving it!

Back