new to track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie

Reaction score
Hi all, following recent discussions about track days i thought this may be useful to people who are considering their first. Hopp Rider training organise one and it differs from other track days, the morning is spent with an instructor. the afternoon is as ytou would expect but they set up rules of the track to ensure safety and make people confident about their first one. for example, they ask you dont cover or remove mirrors, so although you can over take on the straights you cant on the bends until the person in front flashes his left indicator to let you know they have seen you and are waiting for the pass. My mate used them recently for his first track day and is jumping up and down anticipating the next one, he says he is going to do one more with them and then book on with us. Realise to some that have done many a track day they may turn their noises up at this but i think its a great way to get started if your not use to them even if youve been on the road for years. They ARE more expensive though

I think it's what makes you feel comfortable , from my own experience I just started going with my mates who were racers and worked my way through the groups at my own paces
Had a couple of offs although they were a day dreaming incident And a mechanical fuck up.
Speaking to the people at the circuit I was glad I didn't do the haslam or the CSS due to bang for your buck
There's nothing like quizzing round donny with your mates
I would recommend the day with spike Edwards who is running well in the 848 series
Someone I know says he wished he,d just spent a couPle of days with him instead of all his CSS levels
Each to their own I suppose
I think some people think of it as daunting however all you are found is riding your bike round a fast road with no oncoming traffic , cars , diesel, cunts in cars

Back