Getting ready for summer...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
So the weather has started picking up a little bit around my way so started getting the bike ready for some miles! Managed to get a quick spin out on it last weekend, nothing mad as my back tyre is ruined, but a nice steady ride just to blow the cobwebs off, felt so good to be back on it.
Took a few pics with my car (both are filthy)

My friend works at Pirelli so he managed to get me mental discount on 2 new Rosso Corsa's, was going to go for some Bridgetone S21's after hearing good things, but getting these at under half price was a no brainer, fit nicely in the back too!

So today at work I gave it a decent all over clean, been covered in grinding dust for a while now so needed a proper clean to stop it looking abandoned. There was a tony bit of surface rust on the chain so got that all cleaned off nicely and lubed properly, quick check of main bits and then tucked away nice and clean, will be getting some pics tomorrow as I'll go out for a run to finally kill off the rear tyre with some fun before fitting the new ones next week.
Going to the TT this year for the first time but want to get plenty of miles in before then and hopefully a track day too, really want to get in some serious miles and smiles this year!

Had thought about upgrading to a new one but think I'll wait at least another year and get some more value from this one!

Is that a 997.1?

Nice pics, would your Pirelli mate like any new friends :) ? I'm going back to SCs later this year.

Haha I can ask him! Do you rate them then?

It's a gen 2, so no bore score issues to worry about luckily.

Ah, yes .2, I was looking at the rear light clusters then remembered after I posted that they changed them to yours with led on the gen 2. Nice car, I have 2 kids so it's not happening lol, had my fun already ;).

Back