Got recovered tonight :-(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Straight in from work and headed out on the bike, stopped for fuel 2 miles down the road and when i hopped back on the bike she wouldn't start.... went thru the usual self test stuff after turning the ignition but there was nothing from the starter button. It had been on charge so the battery is fine, i tried a different key, dash, lights & indicators all fine as are all fuses. Thought it may be the immob so disconected the battery but that didn't sort it.
3 hrs later i finally got recovered. All i can think is that it is either the starter button itself which has gone pop or is something to do with the immobiliser, has anyone else had anything similar?
Sods law for something to happen 1 day after a service, at least there's 3 week left on the warrantee :-\

Thats a bit worrying John, I would be interested to hear what the problem turned out to be when you know.

Not heard of that one fella
It's shite when your last sunny evening for a few days nds with no ride

Only ever heard of the stand switch causing that problem but not on the S...

3hours of your life gone waiting for the truck. Hope you get it sorted.

fatbob link=topic=1008.msg9288#msg9288 date=1340265830 said:
Not heard of that one fella
It's shite when your last sunny evening for a few days nds with no ride
At least i got to sit in a Morrisons car park for 3hrs and sweat my nuts off in my leathers :mad:

hope you get it sorted quick john, last time i broke down it was in a one horse town in lincolnshire that had shut down for the evening, 5pm!! just to make things worse battery went on phone so spent three hours staring at a closed post office. :'(

BM tech services been out (took 2.5hrs), turns out my suspicions were correct.... the switchgear for the ignition/mode button is up the swanny, however after giving it a whack he managed to fire the bike. He agreed that it needs replacing under warrantee but then refused to recover it as he'd managed to start it! He agreed that the fault may well now be intermittant so i refused to ride it to the dealers which involves crossing the Humber Bridge and 15 mile of duel carrigeway neither of which have anywhere regular to pull in if it dies on me. The dealer says they are unable to recover her, so are ordering the parts and tech services are going to come out and fit them, hmmmmmmmm.
Better not take long, im off to the Highlands in 3 weeks ???

Johnboy link=topic=1008.msg9306#msg9306 date=1340281349 said:
Better not take long, im off to the Highlands in 3 weeks ???
Shit just looked at the calender, make that 2 weeks :eek:

thats sad

i had the main beam switch go then a while after my mode switch. got stuck in rain mode :-(

farebro link=topic=1008.msg9317#msg9317 date=1340301640 said:
thats sad

i had the main beam switch go then a while after my mode switch. got stuck in rain mode :-(
Between us we got the set dude, had my indicator switch done a few months ago! On reflection my 97 plate 916 only went wrong once :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 top yoke nut split, headlight exploded & melted the shit out of the reflector(both fixed under warranty), and the exhaust balance valve got so noisy i replaced with full system no call back from BMW at all out of warranty.

Back