My 2015 BMW S1000RR and my Yamaha FZ1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrunner

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought it was time to put a picture or two in the showroom.

I bought the FZ1 new in 2012. Its done 26000 miles and still on the original chain and sprockets. Mind you it must have cost me a fortune in chain lube:smile-new:

You're right there JM. But done a bit of that already. Had the BM out four times now, three times to test the suspension following the fitting of the softer springs front and rear, and once the other day to check out the new Akrapovic can, about 60 or 70 miles in all. Not keen on riding sports bikes over winter, that's why I keep the Yamaha taxed all year. Seems a waste to use the S thou on cold and damp roads......
Took the FZ1 out on Sunday into Lincolnshire to the monthly BSA Gold Star Owners Club meet. Did about 100 miles I think. I don't usually stop riding the FZ over the winter, as long as the roads are dry, and I do about 1500 or more miles, But not this year though, as it's been so bloody wet here this winter.
Can't wait for better weather now though, this BMW has really whet my appetite for more :love-struck:

Roadrunner, is there a long wait to get suspension set up at MCT? Assume its weekdays only? Cheers

Roadrunner, is there a long wait to get suspension set up at MCT? Assume its weekdays only? Cheers

It all depends what you think's a long wait Mac. I had to get my own springs ordered from Alpha Racing. I had an appointment with MCT in about a month, possibly a bit less than that. But Alpha Racing were out of stock of the front springs and they suggested that I should re arrange with MCT as they were not too sure when they would get the springs to me! Anyway, I re arranged another appointment with Darren at MCT and you will probably have guessed by now that the springs turned up on time and I could have made the first appointment. But to answer your question, I would say about three weeks or so in my case. After Darren changed my springs, he checked his stock and found that he had springs sitting on the shelf, but he only realised after measuring mine and comparing them side by side. So, if you need springs he will probably be able to supply you with them.

Not sure about his work days but I know he's looking to do less hours now because he wants to spend more time on track etc with his R1. Best thing is to give him a ring and see how he's fixed.

Back