Front 2d sensor...how long did it last.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo

Reaction score
Bumped into a friend of mine in London motorcycle show this weekend,we by chance mentioned that both our front 2d sensors had packed up..symptoms are you can still adjust in the menu both rebound and compression values but it is not relayed back to the sensor itself. Has anybody had to replace Thiers or stripped it down and ohm tested the unit,I,m guessing the unit may well be stuck in an open or closed state..any advice please.

Do you have the bump stops fitted to stop the steering lock from going too far and damaging it that way?

Have you been out on salted roads with it?

Alex..yes and no...I'm looking to find out if any body has stripped Thiers down or gone for a replacement...there is no evidence of damage to unit or wiring..thanks

I have one fitted and its fine, not heard of anyone else with this problem before.

i would contact 2D, they would be interested if they are failing. may get a freebie.
how old is it? out of interest?

attachment.php

his fix
attachment.php

attachment.php

carbon fiber protection sleeve for the front and rear. Those sensors do not like dust and the brake pads produce excessive dust.

2D Potentiometer

I've had mine fitted with the supplied lock stops for two seasons worth of trackdays without issue and the data supports that it is functioning correctly. You could try contacting Datron Technology who are 2D's main UK technical importer and they may be able to assist you.

Re: 2D Potentiometer

rys1000rr , methinks it's a dust / cct contact problem [ hopefully ] ..Datron are near me in M Keynes but wanna strip it first as sensor is probably out of warranty, but know you know.

Interesting so if you know the electrical values of top and bottom you can probably make your own sensors via reverse engineering...for a lot less!

Alex..this sensor probably needs updating as most I assume are now getting old like me,fabrication of a new design would not it seems to be an issue as you can see from the dismantled sensor just an upgrade,but for now all I wanna do is get mine working and now I can strip it. I won't go into the costs of these but it sure bugs me the price of them. Hopefully anyone with similar problems can at least have a go and save some dosh.

2D Extension Box

The 2D Extension Box just gives you the ability to add a rear 2D potentiometer, a further two analog sensors and a Lambda probe. It connects directly to the HP Race Datalogger so the additional data channels can then be recorded.

But the software is also a different version I'm led to believe, more functionality. ???

2D Extension Box

As far as I'm aware you can use the additional sensors within the standard HP Race Software. The only way to get further software functionality is to purchase an additional licence from 2D.

Back