ultraseal/puncture safe

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchab

Reaction score
hi all,what does the members think of this puncture preventative culture?has anyone used it or using it on their pride n joy.My local dealer seems to think its the way to go but after searching for a couple of days that ill never get back ....im still not sold ?fair enough on a tourer or enduro but what about sports bikes ?how will it hold up if your going along at the speed limit give or take a hundred or so if your late for a hot date with two hot sisters(lol a skank and her fatter pal ) or just out getting the sunday papers (more likely lol),,,as you do .im hearing balancing troubles and all sorts of nasties but also good things about punctures being sealed without even knowing about them 500 miles from the nearest whore house(rip off garage) ....lol...do you really want to be licking along with a tyre that has had a pin in it ,,,or better knowing you had one plugging it if poss and limping to the nearest tyre shop for a new one n getting it changed...what do you think,cheers

hi bigchab, i used to use ultraseal in all the tyres i used on my 2 previous rsvr^s with absolutely no balance problems at all, i then moved on to a 1098 ducati & put ultraseal in the tyres, but when you hit 140 all hell broke loose & it felt like the back end was going to fall off, so i had no choice but to take the tyres off & remove all the goo. i have noticed over the years that i had used ultraseal that the consistancy of the fluid was never the same ie some thin & some not so thin, whether this had any bearing on the balance problem or not i dont know. its kinda put me off using it now so i dont bother.

hi m8 ,yes im a bit either way ,sounds good in principle but im gonna pass and just carry a pluggin kit...got one of they screw in n break off type ,,,hoope i dont get to use it bud ,cheers for your opinion

Back