Shift Spring Upgrade MORE

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpuss

Reaction score
Bear with me at the start as there is a point, I recently changed my shift detent spring for the Alpha racing, thicker gauge/ stiffer, one. I did something wrong during fitting and bent the bolt that holds the detent/ locking arm into the engine case which led to the bush the arm pivots on becoming scored affecting the smooth operation.

I've just purchased a new detent/ locking arm complete as they don't sell the component parts separately, this includes a new spring which on first glance looks to be the same, thicker, gauge as the Alpha racing one! I'll conform tomorrow when I get a battery for the micrometer.

May be of use to those that are considering upgrading the spring, also leaves me wondering what this means in terms of claims in the past that a stiffer spring caused premature wear on the shift star.

All done. :fat:

Hmmmm have you got a BMW part number?

Yep, 23008555882.

That's for the locking arm complete including the spring so the spring coud well be an upgraded item within that part number.

Definitely a stiffer and thicker gauge spring IMHO.

Back