Sportmax GP Racer D211 ... road pressure ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golding

Reaction score
Hey, Just had a track day and pumped the tyres back up to manufacturers spec and it now feels like I've got wooded wheels on the bike. Its a new tyre to me (Sportmax GP Racer D211).

I dropped it down to 30/32 on track in the wet and it was great.

I never usually drop more than 3-4psi on road. All advice welcome..... ta.

i always think its a personal thing and trial and error, more so on the road than on the track mate. I run 34 F and 38 R on the road. thats suited me on loads of different tyres but never had the gp racers

Thanks .... I agree.... very personal and a black art by all accounts.
I'm used to sticking to recommended pressure on the road and letting it out on track so to speak.
Not sure how much temperature will play in it, on the road......

I'll go tinker and see how I get on.
Thanks though.

32/33 f 36/37 r cold for the road.
Should be fine for an S1000 sure plenty of heat getting generated ;-)

Your track pressures are close to where I am on the road with Power Ones (on an R1) - not the same tyre but doesnt the NTEC rear suit a similar lower running pressure? I would personally try closer to 30 on the rear & 32-34 front - I'm sure track should be more like 26-28psi rear (I think that's even recommended for the SportSmarts).

As has been said, a lot is down to personal preference and riding style.

GP211 quick search = "The cold tyre pressures for the day were 30psi front and a low 21psi on the NTEC rears. The NTEC technology allows for a larger contact patch at extreme leans with less heat on lower pressures and still maintains stability"

Back