Spain track days - what rubber?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive got 4 days on track in Almeria, can anybody recommend what rubber works well - eg: Supercorsa SC0/SC01 front back??

Big thanks đź‘Ť

I got on really well with the Dunlop KR106/KR108 (number 1 compound front, 2 compound rear) at Almeria. They lasted really well and the grip doesn't drop of a cliff towards the end of their life like the Pirellis can. I chewed up my Pirelli SC0's after just a few sessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice - thanks.

Going in March, have warmers already got set of treads so looking into slicks or maybe supercorsas sc 0, 1, 2??

I can't say what they are like yet but I plumbed for CompK RR's for my first foray into slicks. Will be on Andalucia 10-13 March. Almeria 1 month today

- Sent from Mobile

Another thumbs up for the dunlops. Im on the 212 gps. Front lasts me 3 days just and 2 rears. Like previous post has mentioned they last so much longer than the pirellis

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Alex: ill see you there - im doing the split: Andalucia then Almeria ��

I like the idea of sacrificing a little performance for longevity - i'm not that fast!! So i might avoid the soft SCs then. I have a set of warmers so i think i should at least try something from the slick-shelf!!

When i arrive the bike will be shod with newish supercorsa SPs, so ill run these and then make the shift when the grip drops off.

Thanks for this chaps!

I too am going to V02 in Jerez once I take the CompK training wheels off. www.fwr.co.uk recommended that the CompK RR's would take me to 7-8/10 for pace. The V02's would take me to 10/10...so they are the daddy...

So guys, my gen2 was always shod with a 190 profile tyre, the gen3 came with a 200 tyre...

Is the approach:
- more contact patch run the 200
- turn in and direction change go for 190
??

Tyre Size & Profile

In truth you are unlikely to notice the difference between the two unless your running a very fast pace. That and tyre sizes and profiles vary significantly between brands and tyre type. You can also alter suspension setup to aid turn in and direction changes.

Re: Tyre Size & Profile

In truth you are unlikely to notice the difference between the two unless your running a very fast pace. That and tyre sizes and profiles vary significantly between brands and tyre type. You can also alter suspension setup to aid turn in and direction changes.
That's the thing, ive used both profiles on both Bridgestone and Corsas and couldnt tell the difference.

As im shopping for new hoops i thought id ask what most are buying and run with that ;)

Back