track day fairing / stock exhaust question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawrighty

Reaction score
Hi guys

Am in the process of converting a 2010 S1000rr to track, have already had a ttx Ohlins fitted, plus front Ohlins internals. Also an HM quickshifter.

I'm going to fit track fairing - is this possible around the stock exhaust? I'd love to fit the full Akro system but price is obviously a big issue. Id rather take a stepped approach and fit race fairing first, then look to upgrade the exhaust / power commander etc in the future.

dawrighty link=topic=979.msg9060#msg9060 date=1340001493 said:
http://www.s1000rrforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=535.msg5169#msg5169

I'm going to fit track fairing - is this possible around the stock exhaust? I'd love to fit the full Akro system but price is obviously a big issue. Id rather take a stepped approach and fit race fairing first, then look to upgrade the exhaust / power commander etc in the future.
It must be possible to fit the track fairing around the stock exhaust, but if not just cut and shape to fit.

I use a Hot Bodies Racing Fairing, and then cut the lower section out to the same dimensions as the road fairing. It means you no longer have a catch tank for oil or fluids, but if you're not racing you don't need to.

I also lined the inner with heat reflective foil to be on the safe side, as the cat is large and hot!

Can supply pics of construction if you want.

as said ubove.you wont fit the track fairing over the oe exhaust.im in the process of building a track bike and wanted to run the oe exhaust but melted the belly pan trying.the cat gets very hot.ive ended up going for a full akro system and a new belly pan.

Apparently Armour Bodies make one.

8027d1331494715-armour-bodies-belly-pan-stock-exhaust-photo.jpg

Hi
Had same problem few weeks ago. Bought full set of racing fairings from CRCFAIRINGS and end up with dcat pipe beeing very close to the belly pan. I didn`t want to change exhaust got AKRAPOVIC END CAN coz I`m using my beauty for commuting :). So what I did bought some aluminum mat on ebay for 5 pounds + heat resistant silicone to glue it and you can believe me or not works perfectly. Checked that on two of my trackdays already:):)

Back