Rear axle nut

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening all,

Can someone confirm that the 2015 is 34mm too before I make a purchase?

Thanks

Rear Axle Nut

34mm is the correct socket size for the 2015/16 S1000RR.

Re: Rear Axle Nut

I bought mine from Halfords was a single hex impact socket probably 13 quid or thereabouts.

That's where I'm heading tomorrow, Halfords Professional Impact Socket ?9.99. Need to fit my Lightec chain adjusters.

Re: Rear Axle Nut

That's where I'm heading tomorrow, Halfords Professional Impact Socket ?9.99. Need to fit my Lightec chain adjusters.

Hi Billo, Be careful with the lightech adjusters at the back, I fitted mine when I bought the bike new and am very particular with nuts and spanners fitting perfectly, however when I got new tyres fitted the mechanics must have used a bigger socket and they rounded them off damaging the chrome, I managed to get new parts from Lightech as the originals corroded very quickly under the chrome. I now put a cloth hanky over them to adjust them so I don't damage the finish.
They don't half bling up the back end of the bike, great choice.

JimmyMac

Hi Billo, Be careful with the lightech adjusters at the back, I fitted mine when I bought the bike new and am very particular with nuts and spanners fitting perfectly, however when I got new tyres fitted the mechanics must have used a bigger socket and they rounded them off damaging the chrome, I managed to get new parts from Lightech as the originals corroded very quickly under the chrome. I now put a cloth hanky over them to adjust them so I don't damage the finish.
They don't half bling up the back end of the bike, great choice.

http://s49.photobucket.com/user/jimmymccallum/media/IMG_1108_zpslocm7abv.jpg.html

JimmyMac

Thats one of those titanium nuts n all jimmy ... they look quite trick...finishes off that part nicely mate

Sent from Stus phone

Just one more question (or two) on the Lightec adjusters;

is it necessary to fit the axle washer as this partly covers the measurement marks on the adjuster?

What is the screw for on the underside nearest the adjuster bolt? It's just visible in the pic on the previous page?

No axle washer required. Don't know what that other nut is for but the instructions, from memory, say leave it alone. :)

Last edited:
Back