Calling all you carbon wh0re$

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousDave

Reaction score
So, I was sitting in the garage with a 'cup o cha' admiring the bike, and I got to thinking about that cheap black plastic BMW had the audacity to adorn the bike with. I mean come on, a high end motoring company thinking they could get away with parts which would not be out of place on a two bob Korean pop pop.

So my question is, who makes good quality carbon replacement parts?

I've seen some real shocking examples in the past anything from miss matched weave on adjoining parts, big lumps of grit in the lacquer, or being so thin they were transparent.

DD

ilmberger is good quality kit. Not cheap but you only get what you pay for said " the hooker to the bishop!" ;)

Ilmberger is very pretty stuff... but as always, it pays to shop around for it.

Ilmberger here too - very happy with the fit and finish of all the bits I got from them.

Their race stuff is just as good quality as their road kit. I ordered directly from Germany - very good, fast communications from Nadine @ Ilmberger and quick delivery via DHL

Having worked with carbon fibre products for 20+ years for aesthetics I'll only buy 2/2 twill products and Ilmberger also pay attention to their weave direction so that all their parts integrate smoothly.

G :)

Was told by (cant remember his name) by ilmberger rep that the only diff between race and road carbon was the laquer, race version wouldnt stand up to the sun (uv) so well......

I was under the impression that ihlmberger also have their carbon made in China.
I was told this by someone who buys CF in bulk from the same suppliers , except the Germans have their very own Moulds which is basically the crux for whether it turns out ok or not , providing the correct manufacturing processes are followed.
The " You get what you pay for" does it appear to ring true , it depends on your expectations.

I've got all the BMW carbon,costs alot,but damn does it look good! The fit is even better than the black plastics.

Back