Hi all

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trumpetman21

Reaction score
Hello everyone, 'new' (to me at least) S1000RR owner here.

Have just changed up from a Honda VTR1000 SP-2 (lovely bike), not managed much mileage on the new machine yet due to the awful June weather we're having here in NW England but can already tell this is an exceptional bike.

Going to invest in some R&G protection products (cotton reels, fork protections & aero crash bungs) for the bike first, then probably some stomp grips. Might even consider an end can at some point in the not-too-distant future.

:)

Hello & welcome to warp speed ;)
Save you're penny's & don't bother with an end can as they do nothing , full system is the only way to bring the noise! ;D

Welcome mucka. If protections your aim may I suggest some case savers they kiss the tarmac first and are £150 a piece.

Cheers for the replies, much appreciated.

Anyone else have stomp grips or similar fitted to their S1000RR? Noticed I am sliding towards the tank a touch more than I am happy with under braking, had similar 'problems' on the SP-2 and the stomp grips sorted it out a treat.

I'll look into full systems & engine cases as well, thanks!

;D

Welcome to the forum Trumpetman, hope you enjoy the Bike and the forum ;D

Trumpetman21 link=topic=944.msg8817#msg8817 date=1339487630 said:
Noticed I am sliding towards the tank a touch more than I am happy with under braking,
Have you tried moving your balls up to the tank before you brake, or, ride with your Bollocks against the tank all the time? ;)

phil link=topic=944.msg8822#msg8822 date=1339496027 said:

Noticed I am sliding towards the tank a touch more than I am happy with under braking,
Have you tried moving your balls up to the tank before you brake, or, ride with your Bollocks against the tank all the time? ;)

Cheers. BTW, I go for the 'fag packet width' gap between pods & tank most of the time.... ;)

Trumpetman21 link=topic=944.msg8823#msg8823 date=1339496570 said:
phil link=topic=944.msg8822#msg8822 date=1339496027 said:

Cheers. BTW, I go for the 'fag packet width' gap between pods & tank most of the time.... ;)
[size=14pt]Why?[/size]

Just feels more comfortable to me when riding rather than being jammed back or forward against bits of the bike.

Trumpetman21 link=topic=944.msg8826#msg8826 date=1339498834 said:
Just feels more comfortable to me when riding rather than being jammed back or forward against bits of the bike.
Fair enough, good answer ;), I just wondered why so many bods sit like that.

I sit with my bits lightly against the tank, my knees gripping the tank and heels are tight on the heel guards. My lower body is fixed onto the bike and does not move under hard braking or hard acceleration.

Phil

Back