Ilmberger Bellypan

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PhilHays

Just fitted this Ilmberger 1 piece bellypan to fill in the gap left by the Cat. on the original exhaust.

It came with no fitting instructions so had to drill a few holes in the front & front bottom to align with the original fittings on each side of the radiator. I didn't trust it to simply click into place! The clearance on the back wheel is about 1cm! Works good, looks good. Happy days.

579386_3558376110423_409411551_n.jpg

Surprised you didn't get the Austin Racing carbon pan. 6 bolts and two stock bushings is all it takes to get on. BOOM!

That pan is really close to the rear tire.

Did you get the fitting kit too? Its 6 brackets but you only use 2 at the bottom of the frame if you're using factory side fairings. No need to make more holes as it sits over the original rad shroud 'V' piece, a good snug fit.

I've got the same Ilmberger belly pan and it sits more than 1cm away from the rear tyre, maybe if you havent got the brackets that would explain it?

Thought about the Austin racing one myself but it wasnt the good looking 2/2 twill carbon finish, just the plain weave stuff. (Yes I am a tart !)

G

Yeh, it came with all the brackets, but I was scratching my head for a bit trying to decide where they went. Got it all secured though. As for fitting snuggly over the radiator, yes you're correct, it does. But for piece of mind I 'carefully' aligned & drilled 4 extra holes so that it was properly secure.

The 2/2 weave looks fantastic. Very happy with it, but what next? Now that the bike is complete; totally tarted up, I feel like I need a new project!

Wild Pete link=topic=943.msg8829#msg8829 date=1339506099 said:
I would paint tank to match the body work.

My thoughts exactly. And get the paint off the swing arm as well.

I like the tank & swing arm colours as they are. Was thinking more about a either spending more time & money on the Girlfriend or getting a 2nd bike...?

Back