2012 Rear seat unit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveo

Reaction score
Looking at Milly's 2012 has got me thinking, can you fit a rear seat unit on a 2010 bike. If so, has anyone done it? How much is the rear unit etc. etc.

Steveo link=topic=930.msg8680#msg8680 date=1339270727 said:
And I'm guessing it's call the local dealer for a price? Just think it looks a smidge better than the 2010.
Yeah check dealer for price,but Ill bet it's a small fortune,the only part I like on the rear unit is the under section,not to keen on the top,with the vents. Still think the 2010/11 looks more sharp,like a stealth bomber!

Thanks for that, I may give them a call Monday and find out how much. I just like the narrower look it has. I think it's following Milly everywhere just got me thinking.

If I could put the under section on my 2011 I'd get it,but even I don't know if that will fit! I wouldn't think you would have much change left from £300 and maybe the rest lol. Get yourself some wind deflectors,it's be proven,you will gain more horses ;D I'm after the 2012 tank section because it has the tiny vents,I'm sure it will add another 1hp lol

Yeah I noticed the vents on the tank as well. Bugger there goes another few quid then. I'm on them wind deflector for that :) How much more power will I get for some LED indicators, surely another 5bhp

Steveo link=topic=930.msg8687#msg8687 date=1339272231 said:
Yeah I noticed the vents on the tank as well. Bugger there goes another few quid then. I'm on them wind deflector for that :) How much more power will I get for some LED indicators, surely another 5bhp
Lol,I'm getting the LEDs on my next service,and the dealer assured me at least 5bhp,so I guess we are making the right choices ;D
Only part I need now is the carbon seat cowl. And that's my carbon edition finished! The misses keeps noticing bits appearing,but I say these are vital parts I need to keep her upright lol

If you've not used it, use the "it's for safety card", "of course I need a new exhaust dear, be heard be seen" ;) = safety.
The next one, "yeah these indicator are brighter" ;) not telling her about the power increase though ;D

Steveo link=topic=930.msg8693#msg8693 date=1339273120 said:
If you've not used it, use the "it's for safety card", "of course I need a new exhaust dear, be heard be seen" ;) = safety.
The next one, "yeah these indicator are brighter" ;) not telling her about the power increase though ;D
Ha ha ha,exactly what I told her about the LEDS!
Yeah I'd keep the horses to yourself! I told her the vents on the 2012 tank cover would keep my engine cool,which in turn could save me from overheating,and maybe the engine popping. Really? Yes love,just imagine if it went bang with me on it! Oh yeah,I see your point ;D

Steveo link=topic=930.msg8702#msg8702 date=1339274266 said:
Ouuuuu, gonna use that one myself. The wifes bound to fall for that one.
I'll let you know how I get on with the tail section,if it ever happens. Or you could tell me your excuses for it lol

Back