Aragon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
I can confirm that crashing on the ubber fast left after the corkscrew at aragon is not recommended 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Its is mate. Toseland found out the hard way

Re: BMW S1000RR Sport

Well im not going to do a write up on next weeks trip to aragon as i aint gonna match that 😂😂😂. Will be lucky to remember if turn 1 is a left or a right let alone which gear 😂😂😂. Supurb write up mate and it is now going on my hit list

Ps. Looks like you had the whole track to yourself

Hi, How did your trackdays go??
im doing Aragon this year coming and I've heard it's hard on tyres, what were you running and how did they last? Cheers

Re: BMW S1000RR Sport

Chris i did aragon in oct and going again may 1 -3. If you run dunlops ,metzler conti etc you should get 2 days out of a rear (pace dependant). If you are on pirielli then a rear a day is the norm. I saw guys doing 2 a day but ubber quick. Cracking track by the way

Ah, I missed this thread. That's the dates I'm there. I ran the gp212s at portimao which I got a day and a half out a rear but wanted to go with slicks this time. Was recommended the Bridgestone vo2s which are a lot cheaper than the kr's. Can't wait for May.

I run the dunlop 212 gps. I got 1 day and 1 crash out of a rear and swapped tyres for day 2 and 3. Pro 4s were perfect there.

Last edited:
I'm also off to Aragon in May with NL. Not been before but have booked Simon Crafar for some tuition on day one. It will either get me going well or end spectacularly.

Hi, I've booked him for April in Jerez...remind me after the 17th for feedback

- Sent from Mobile

I need to book him on the aragon trip as well. Anything to stop me crashing 😂😂😂

Heard my first negative comment yesterday. And that was down to tyre snobbery. He like Dunlop KR's and thats it...but he decided to tell someone that he wasn't tutoring that his non-Dunlop tyres were dangerous which isn't helpful when thats the set you're running.
Its hearsay, but from someone that watched/listened to it happen. The rider was already a bit nervous after that.

No one is perfect. But I'll stand up for my tyre choice if there's any bollox about that.

- Sent from Mobile

Used him in Portimao, the sport is getting fast enough so he can't take his hands off the bars and provide signals. I thoroughly enjoyed it, hence rebooking for Aragon.

I found his tuition excellent but he doesn't like wasting time. He got me time down by nearly 10 sec a lap over the course of a couple of sessions and made it feel easy to maintain it.

He takes an interest in what tyres you're running so he knows how hard he can try and pull you around. I was running gp 211 slicks and he wanted me to swap out for KRs on my second day so i had some extra grip to go faster/harder. I wouldn't say thats a negative but its one more factor he needs to be aware of. As i didn't swap (i'd pre-ordered the 211's with Parkitt) he didn't push on too much harder.

Back