Insurance jokers.....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousDave

Reaction score
Just received the renewal through, I didn't realise the premium included comedy value..... £677 :eek:

Guess I'll be shopping around this year.

Boardsofnorfolk £219 = Bargain of the Century !!
You must live in some remote part of Norfolk where the last time a criminal act was carried out the person was put in stocks! Have you got every security device avaiable fitted on bike?
Seriously I live in a small village on Norfolk/Suffolk border Max no claim, Old duff, Bike alarmed, Stored in brick garage and chained to floor and last renewal was 50% MORE than you. :mad:

Parley Waller link=topic=918.msg8606#msg8606 date=1339157132 said:
Boardsofnorfolk £219 = Bargain of the Century !!
You must live in some remote part of Norfolk where the last time a criminal act was carried out the person was put in stocks! Have you got every security device avaiable fitted on bike?
Seriously I live in a small village on Norfolk/Suffolk border Max no claim, Old duff, Bike alarmed, Stored in brick garage and chained to floor and last renewal was 50% MORE than you. :mad:
I know! I live in Diss Norfolk if that helps? Don't know lol,also have bike inside house and have alarm/immobiliser/smart water and Thatham approved locks. 5 years no claims,bike is only insured for pleasure and not work. Also no more than 4000 miles a year. I think I've covered most of it. Oh and no pillion,but not sure if that helps lol. First they quoted me £318 and I just knocked £1000 off the value and whoosh it dropped! £219 happy days ;D

£445 looks about as good as it's going to get.

I spoke with my existing broker (CIA) this morning to ask why it's so much. Their response, "we use thirty insurers, only six want to quote" and the reason why I hear you ask "It's because you haven't owned the bike for a year".

Go figure ?!?!

DangerousDave link=topic=918.msg8717#msg8717 date=1339277137 said:
£445 looks about as good as it's going to get.

I spoke with my existing broker (CIA) this morning to ask why it's so much. Their response, "we use thirty insurers, only six want to quote" and the reason why I hear you ask "It's because you haven't owned the bike for a year".

Go figure ?!?!
Not bad,but could be better I guess,anyway try these
http://www.renewinsurance.com/motorcycle-insurance/

Just check the excess though, u might get cheap as chips insurance but if u gotta pay out 500 quid volantary and 500 quid normal then 1000 pound a claim isn't great also another little con is if u get ur bike nicked anywhere other than ur garage they may not pay out. Small print can be ur enemy!!!!

Docta13 link=topic=918.msg8723#msg8723 date=1339277973 said:
Just check the excess though, u might get cheap as chips insurance but if u gotta pay out 500 quid volantary and 500 quid normal then 1000 pound a claim isn't great also another little con is if u get ur bike nicked anywhere other than ur garage they may not pay out. Small print can be ur enemy!!!!
High Excess is only bad if it's your fault. I'll try anything just to get mine down,I've got £500 excess,which means I have to cough up the £500 if at fault,insurance knows bike is stored inside house. Just makesure you tell them everything and like Doc says read your small print. Like my house insurance,I made sure I told them the bike was inside the house.

I know all about the small print, I've been working in the insurance industry for the last 16 years. (runs and ducks for cover :-[)

The renewal people came out at £649.

DangerousDave link=topic=918.msg8726#msg8726 date=1339278577 said:
I know all about the small print, I've been working in the insurance industry for the last 16 years. (runs and ducks for cover :-[)

The renewal people came out at £649.
Hmmm,are you sure youre not using your forum name? Dangerousdave lol

I've just had to re insure mine too.Renewal with Bikesure came in at £566..... :eek:
So did the old compare site and MCE came in at £181 including RAC cover,legal,helmet,etc etc.........wow i thought i bet if i go direct on their site i will get it even cheaper.................shock,horror it went up to £649 on MCE's website!!!!!!
So i went back via the compare site and paid the £181 straight away.To make the payment i was directed th MCE's site who confirmed all my details and sent the policy within 10mins... :)
How does that work then????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Back