Offroad Orange

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Long time since I've posted anything on here, been on holiday, been knackered and been busy!
(If anyone needs any advice feel free to message me whenever!)

So I went to Spain at the beginning of the month, just down to Malaga for a few days. While I was there we (me and my dad) had a day out with Offroad Orange. They're a Uk setup just outside of malaga renting KTM's and taking people on guided tours of the wonderful countryside/mountains.

I suppose it's like green laning however the terrain over there is not like anything I've ridden on, dry, loose and (most notably) hard.

We met Paul, our guide, at a petrol station and he guided us to there premises. It's only a small setup but they've packed everything they need in there, theres about 10 KTM's all nearly new (they replace them yearly) a very tidy workshop they use to care for the bikes and a large cloak room/changing room. All the gear is provided, freshly laundered and clean.

Once we were geared up (awful when it's 34 degrees but it's totally worth it when you hit the ground!) We watched an instructional video, Paul showed us around the bikes and explained the do's and don'ts etc.

He started us off on the road, straight to some barren land to warm up a little and we were off. The terrain got gradually more difficult and in a moment of overconfidence/inexperience/just plain ignorance I had quite a painful off (30 minutes into the day!) It's hard to determine exactly what caused it..? One second I was vertical next second horizontal.. I know I was going a little too fast for a descent, I may have touched the front brake in error (force of habit). It's possible I hit a small rock that threw the front wheel idk. I winded myself, which was a new one for me. Kinda thought I was dying for a couple of seconds but Paul was excellent and talked me through what was happening to me and how to fix it.

I was extremely sore but after a few minutes I got back on ready to tackle the next hill (there was no other option, it was either up the hill or stay in the middle!). I set off up the hill but lost momentum and came off again. But I got back on again and continued for the rest of the day, Paul was very sympathetic and took us on a route with two paths so I could take it easy if needed. We stopped off for some lunch in a little village that I imagine would take hours to get to by road!

Anyway, I've rambled on enough. Basically, I would highly recommend Off-road Orange if your into off-roading or want to break up a beach holiday in Malaga that your missus dragged you on!

It's great value for money when you consider bike hire gear hire and an expert guide.

Pretty sure I've broken a couple of ribs when I came off but they're getting much better now. And I'll definitely be returning for another go!

I'll post some pics up later on, may even upload some gopro footage from my off, it's not as impressive as I'd have hoped...

hi Stephen, long time , great wee post mate , glad your ok ,
offroad orange sounds the business, when I had my off I knocked the wind right out myself it sure ain't fun mate, at least you go back on the bike! , defo get the pics and vids up, even tho gopro footage never looks like it feels at the time.

Hi Stephen..as Davy says long time no speak...that sounds a great day out.. I had a similar all day thing in NZ in the 90s and it was amazing. Good getting off road most if us dont get the chance..welcome back

Sent from Galaxy S7

great vid Stephen, wow those views at the end! awesome mate, that was a sore one you got, down like a sack of spuds mate, came out of no where, lucky to walk away with just busted ribs

Last edited:
This is great Stephen, looks like similar terrain I went over in Argentina a couple of years back. Takes a bit of getting used to riding on loose stuff but it doesn't half give you skills to cope with small slides on tarmac when you are back on the road.
Getting smacked in the chest is never pleasant though, glad it never ruined your day.

JimmyMac

A few pics from the day

3db53ad2f03794538c252b6ac48b6ce8.jpg
dbcd6dfdc0f73b10a883ac64706ac426.jpg
e5109abdbdc1b253b4bee14da9170747.jpg
2a549597fe690f80ecea0c93f6b289d5.jpg
5aa2c52b5f35046606b26c806e718a74.jpg

Back