Advanced Riding?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekdg

Reaction score
Im looking at doing the IAM riding course and test, should help with insurance ::)

Has anyone already completed it? was it worth it and did it reduce your insurance?

ekdg link=topic=913.msg8551#msg8551 date=1339068550 said:
Im looking at doing the IAM riding course and test, should help with insurance ::)

Has anyone already completed it? was it worth it and did it reduce your insurance?

Yes. Very much so. No

Has anyone already completed it?
I had training for the Iam test (but not with the Iam).

was it worth it and did it reduce your insurance?
The training I received probably saved my Life, so yes it was worth it.

I reckon having past an Advanced test has saved me 10% of my Insurance premiums over the last 20 years but lately it does not seem to make much difference ;D

Go for it but I would suggest you have a look at joining a Rospa group and doing Rospa test. Better Value for money imo

I am a full IAM member and I use the IAM Surety insurance broker they 100% guarantee to beat any quote. They do no give renewal quotes, so each year all I do is a quick go compare ( or similar ) and send then the top 3 cheapest quotes and they will always better it. As a bonus they also include business insurance for observer/training by default. an IAM membership is £36/year well worth it I think...

I've just started RoSPA and already notice a difference. Just be prepared to go slower to go faster...

IAM was the best sensible thing I've ever done, do it!!!!

I'd been riding for 29 years and felt pretty confident in my ability. I had no idea that I could double my speed and quadruple my safety while doing it till I did the IAM. It's the gonads, the second coming, and a pill for eternal youth...are you feeling my enthusiasm? I am!

Seriously, it's worth every penny, just don't get put off by the minority of instructors that seem a bit arrogant, they do know their stuff.

PS I actually failed the course, but I would never be a member of any motorbike course that would pass me as a member ;)

Jules

Back