Hello from Lincs (advice)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Reaction score
Hi All

I fought i would come along and have a nosey as i am looking to change my bike

I'm currently looking at getting the bmw in the next couple of months and ditching the blade so would like some advice if possible.

How are bmw with px do they offer silly money for your old bike or a decent price?

What is bmw finance like to get im with experian and my file looks all good well to me but the way the world is going with money problems you never no

Would you put the bike back to standard or leave mods on when doing a part x but i feel the mods are decent what i have done and not tackie ones

would really apreciate the advice

Thanks

G

Welcome aboard
The part ex price will make you mad
Strip the bits off ya bike
Fuck the way the world is going life will pass you by
The finance is shot

hello and welcome G

Bob called it right mate, especially the add on's bit, they tried to tell me the mods devalued it, so i replied with it's a good job i have all the original parts then, and used it to negotiate another 5oo and e bayed the parts

do you go to willy woods @ market rasen much

Hi and welcome, I traded a 59 abs blade for my s1k i got £9000 for it and they did not want any mods on it so made another £600 on ebay. no haggle to get that price either.
I got the bike when they were offering the 0% offer, don't know what the finance is now.

I know that when then sold my blade they got £9500 for it although they put a set of tyres on it.

It may be worth trying another dealer, i went to Rainbow in Rotherham.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Good luck on getting a good trade in price but it's a good time to haggle :)

Enjoy the site cheers Rich

Welcome to the site buddy, I got a fair trade in price on my blade and the dealers are not really interested in the mods for the part ex so as others have said put back to standard and then sell the bits on ebay for a bit extra cash.
Cheers.

Well guys just a update I'm now a proud owner of a 20012 BMW S1000rr
my only problem what colour torn between the black or the red/white but I'm chuffed to bits
R.I.P to my ten years of riding a Honda

Cheers

G

good man, i had the same problem with the exact same colours, really liked them both. went for red and white in the end for a change, always had black in the past. enjoy mate

Well finally picked it up today cannot fault it just 525 miles to go

Only one thing I fought these was limited to 5k? Had mine to 8k then backed off

Cheers

G

No it's limited to 9k :eek:
You just wait till you can get past 10 ;D
Just ride it as normal as would any other bike.
600 miles that's 2 weekends or 1 long weekend ;) ;)

Cheers for the info so it's ok to take it to 9k then my first ever bike to run in lol

Thanks

G

Back