Just a quick hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleT

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick hello,got back into bikes about 14 years ago all of which were sports tourers,
2 blackbirds
2 ZZR,s
2 Hayabusas
1 VFR
1 K1300s
1 Monster
Decided to go for a complete change hence 1 yellow S1000rr just ordered some helibar risers
plus a few other bits I want to do,
This I would say is the best bike I have ever owned and best looking.
thanks Neil :) :) :) got told off from Docta for not saying a hello sooner ;D :)

Also forgot to say this is the best forum I have joined and have joined a few
for the other bikes I owned
Thanks Neil. :) :) :)

Hello Neil and welcome. I too went from sports tourers like ZZRs to the S which is my first full on sports bike for years and what a great choice. just got back from a long weekend in Germany. Over 1000 miles and no ill affects so I would say the S1000 is the ultimate sports tourer.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm just back from a long weekend in France and I can't see my wife ever considering touring on my S1K :) That's as good an excuse as I need to have two bikes, one for touring two up and one for playing.

Allan

Hi and welcome to the forum

Nice list of bikes but you've brought the best one now, apparently :)

If Carlberg built bikes..... Lol

Enjoy the site

Cheers Rich

Many thanks for your comments and making me feel welcome to the forum, and
I also think I have bought the best bike money can buy. :) :) :) :) Neil

AppleT link=topic=910.msg8535#msg8535 date=1339007901 said:
Also forgot to say this is the best forum I have joined and have joined a few
for the other bikes I owned
Thats about right ;)

Welcome Neil.

I go to Loomies too when weather nice, you won't mistake my S being yellow, white Arai
sitting on the mirror, plus ventura rack with the pillion grab handle, maybe catch up
there, Neil :) :) :) :) ;D

Hi - welcome to the forum buddy, just got back from around 1000 miles travel to the TT and back (and round and round lol) and have to say that it was way more comfortable than I expected, sports tourer maybe not but it works.

Ride safe.

Welcome to the forum. I rode a Hayabusa before the S1R also and have to say I love the 60kg weight loss!

It would be interesting to know how many other members of the forum changed from
a big sports tourer, what make and model, to the S1000, and how they got on with the change. :) :) :) ;D

I had a BMW K1200 R Sport. Loved it. Big, fast, loud and looked greate. The S1000RR was a revelation. Faster, more agile, more fun, comfortable, better looking. After the S1000RR test ride (which was meant to got the idea of an S1000RR out of my mind) I was gushing, couldn't live without one. And here we are.

Petrol consumption was a bit of a shock though.

Back