Comfort suspension settings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddevil007

Reaction score
So after reading other posts on suspension setting I thought I would see what it would be like on the rain/comfort setting from manual. I'm not he heaviest and living in fens means most roads are bumpy. Just came back from 20 mile route I often do, observations:
Bike is still firmly sprung but wasn't kicking me out of seat as much.
Cornering still felt planted and if anything slightly slower to turn in which actually improved my cornering.
Oh and in conjunction with the 45t sprocket it will wheelie easier as back will squat slightly more under hard acceleration. Flip side is you feel that the tyre is digging deeper into Tarmac rather than sitting on top and wanting to spin up.
So there you have my observations for what they are worth.

Ps bike is still fecking stunning :)

So what were your settings mate? I cant be arsred to look in the manual lol and what is your weight? I've just got mine on the standard settings. And alot of my roads are bumpy so I find myself jumping out the seat alot lol

To be honest I used the colour coded sticker I got with the bike which I stuck under rear seat. All settings are on this coloured red, yellow and black in relation to the coloured adjusters on bike. When I next go to garage I will take a photo. Previously on settings marked as sport mode. Weight wise about 12 stone in bike kit. Took about 2 mins to do as the ignition key will adjust all but 2 of the adjusters. Standard tool kit has everything you need so easy to go out and keep riding up and down same bit of road adjusting after each ride to get ideal setting.

As said in other posts, piss easy to return to standard

I always use the comfort settings on the road with -1 on the compression up front and +1 on the rebound out back. If it still feels hard check the sag as well (20mm fr 25mm back for me)

Just to add under hard acceleration the rear of the bike wont squat like a car it will raise due to the way the chain pulls.

Just saying lol

good post, am going to play with mine soon but im just short of 16 stone, the 'just short of' is the important bit ;)
on average what do people wind it too on track??

Im about your size jamie , well was
had 9's top and bottom on front , rear i cant remeber but its till pretty hard now , will ave a look

hi boys , bob n jamie ,,i like to hear tht all the riders here arent 12.5 stone lolor weeer(smaller)im 100kilo,,think thts about the same as you boys ,,,soooo adjustments ???ehh so you dont think as is from dealer is any good for us bigger lads lol,ive not buggered about with mine ,,,as id probably make it worse but i can see im gonna have to read the book ::)what settings do you pair have for each mode ?you boys are obviously clued up on this stuff,,,why does it all have to b so feckn complicated???im more a plug n play type of guy ,,the dealers should set these up for ya ,wieght,etc ,,get there money easy lol,cheers boys ;)

Back