Wind Deflectors/Winglets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PhilHays

I fitted a pair of Wind Deflectors or Winglets as seen on the 2012 models, to my 2010 model.

Looks sweet. Road to work this morning, and detected at least 20 more horsepower, loads more admiring glances from beautiful women... and I think the exhaust note sounds a tad more aggressive too. Awesome!

I was thinking about taking mine off my 2012 model to make cleaning easier but you've convinced me to keep them on. It would be silly to lose all those benefits:)

Allan

PhilHays link=topic=887.msg8283#msg8283 date=1338366414 said:
I fitted a pair of Wind Deflectors or Winglets as seen on the 2012 models, to my 2010 model.

Looks sweet. Road to work this morning, and detected at least 20 more horsepower, loads more admiring glances from beautiful women... and I think the exhaust note sounds a tad more aggressive too. Awesome!
;D ;D ;D Ive got to get some of them ;)

i took mine off and was so gutted at loosing the horses put them back on, thank f@@K for electronic aids i wouldnt be able to handle her with them on

Ha ha ! :) :)

So where did you get these from, any extras needed or just the winglets?

Cheers

Graham

Allan Jeffries BMW Shipley. Called them up, paid £57.00, they posted 'em with all fittings. The next day they were doing the business [see above]... I would image all BMW dealers will sell them though.

Even make the bike look fast standing still lol
63035021.jpg

DangerousDave link=topic=887.msg8721#msg8721 date=1339277700 said:
Comparing your photo to the pictures in the 2012 brochure and on the net, haven't you put the winglets on upside down?
Nope,each winglet has L/R on them,plus if they were upside down,I wouldn't have anything above the BMW badge.

DangerousDave link=topic=887.msg8727#msg8727 date=1339278723 said:
Aye, my bad. The grafix under the light threw my eye out.

So aside from looking trick, do they prevent buffeting at all?
lol,I haven't noticed! But it's all about the looks hehe,and hey like alot of people have said,gives more bhp he he.

Latest posts

Back