Oil and Filter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Sooooo Im conceding to a proper service with oil tomorrow.. my cheap O n F option of 2 weeks ago was a rubbish idea...cringe cringe ! Best Ricky Roma voice (you stoopid fockin ****)..

Anyhow Tony at Dalkeith says my drain plug is magnetised...is that right. I never thot it would have came from the factory like that.

I bought a new one a few months ago as I usually do at least 1 other Oil change PA.

So is that the case

Sent from Galaxy S7

I do all my oil and filter changes stu, always use the same sump plug and usually change the washer , the plug is magnetised (there's a wee magnet in the middle that catches debris) mine normally has some small metal shaving on it, probably bits of the gear box as it's not the slickest, dose the new plug you bought have a wee magnet in it ?

Last edited:
Sooooo Im conceding to a proper service with oil tomorrow.. my cheap O n F option of 2 weeks ago was a rubbish idea...cringe cringe ! Best Ricky Roma voice (you stoopid fockin ****)..

Anyhow Tony at Dalkeith says my drain plug is magnetised...is that right. I never thot it would have came from the factory like that.

I bought a new one a few months ago as I usually do at least 1 other Oil change PA.

So is that the case

Sent from Galaxy S7

Aye Stuart it is magnetised but like you I never realised it and bought a couple for my bikes. I changed them anyway as the ones I bought were stronger.

Nae Aldis tractor oil noo.

JimmyMac

I do all my oil and filter changes stu, always use the same sump plug and usually change the washer , the plug is magnetised (there's a wee magnet in the middle that catches debris) mine normally has some small metal shaving on it, probably bits of the gear box as it's not the slickest, dose the new plug you bought have a wee magnet in it ?

You've got to remember Stuarts an estate agent Davy, I'm just waiting to see a row of magnets on the underside of his bellypan so he can pick up loose change off the road when he's on a run. LOL

Actually thats no a bad idea..........said the Fifer

JimmyMac

Listen Davy... when I was at Jimmys I dropped 2 bob and there was a race to pick it up... dont listen to him

Sent from Galaxy S7

Aye its got the wee bit

Sent from Galaxy S7

I wish you guy's north of the border would speak English so we can all understand what ya on aboot :unconscious:

wow that's fantastic jimmy, ma wee granny's 86 and still sharp as a tac

Well chaps it was worth holding on to my bike yesterday and today. Dalkeith wanted it on Friday there, but as the season is rapidly closing I guessed I could squeeze another weekend out of it.

Blast thru to Oban this morning was superb.... dry, warm, light traffic and an on song machine.... Hoovered my usual Sunday morning shellfish smorgasbord .. not the same on the way home, I got soaked, but enjoyed it as it was one of the last times Ill be thru there this year...on the bke anyhow .

Clock turned 14000 just as Pulled into the drive so just over 10000 for the year... monies worth for sure...

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
a604c6db3e6d864e018a620a8ced3e8b.jpg
5a6e9eed6ac11ca8c3b93161ced3c26a.jpg

These crazy mofos at the falls of Lora were practicing rolls and manouvers... anyone thats seen the currents there will know its well scary...whirlpools and surges all over the shop...gimme a fast bike over that anytime.
566234dc2128d746326ab84f97857c41.jpg
a6ea81a400e27170a9b5d37c652b2532.jpg
fa78bf248b361540049aaedc33686d8a.jpg

Sent from Galaxy S7

Back