I love my s1kr but ...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
Took my r1 to silverstone yesterday (first time on track in anger since spain last oct), and i still love it. Bloody thing is 12 yrs old now, no electoinics, same power as wet mode on the beamer and lacks in a lot of things but dam you get it on track and it feels better than the s1kr. Why is that ?
542075451595bfdc2a1bdbdb97106e02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

:) Cool bike.

What feels better for you? The front? The power delivery? I did enjoy riding the R1'16 around Donington. I could well imagine having one as a track tool - not a road bike.

Its certainly smoother (might mean slower 😂) front end is great and turns in well. It may be ive had it 4 yrs and took it apart many times and i know it inside and out. Its nice to have all the tc in your right had and your arse. Ive not taken my 14 on track yet but as tempted as i am i am still in love with the 5vy

Last edited:
I havnt mate. I know i had to buy bitubo forks to get it handling remotley nice (which it does). The beamer tips in very flat where as the r1 is very much "nose first". I had 1 corner at silverstone (turn 4 i think) down hill hard on brakes and down 1 gear before 90 degree right going onto back straight. Every lap i thought i could hear another bike behind me but i realised it it was the rear tyre skipping as i have no slipper clutch. I just dont get that with the bmw

Last edited:
It helps 😂😂. Fb reminded me today my r1 was in performance bikes 2 yrs ago it was full carbon , carbon wheels etc but even after stripping it back to a track weapon its a great bike. Hopefully in 3 yrs i will be talking about the s1kr the same way

Its certainly smoother (might mean slower 😂) front end is great and turns in well. It may be ive had it 4 yrs and took it apart many times and i know it inside and out. Its nice to have all the tc in your right had and your arse. Ive not taken my 14 on track yet but as tempted as i am i am still in love with the 5vy

I guess your R1 is like an old pair of slippers - you've got it how you want it, and of course an '04 R1 was and still is a hell of a bike, I wouldn't over analyse it just enjoy them both

I thought this thread was going to be "I love my s1kr but" ..............................

"Kyles is better"

We all know it Phil. Nice R1 though ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yours is pretty for sure kyle. Im not saying i dont like my s1kr i absolutly love it. Think mac hit the nail on the head with the" old slippers" analogy. We have been through a lot me and that old girl

Yours is pretty for sure kyle. Im not saying i dont like my s1kr i absolutly love it. Think mac hit the nail on the head with the" old slippers" analogy. We have been through a lot me and that old girl

Ive never kept a bike long enough but I understand what your saying.
As you well know I have soft spot for Yamaha and more so the R1s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the new r1 had a "proper" firing inline 4 i would of had it in a heart beat

I've ridden the latest R1, really liked it, throttle snatchy at low revs (remap sorts this and autoblipper can be added at the same time) and the 'improper' firing order sounds fantastic. It's just a bit too focussed for me as a road bike v the S1K.

Yep. Track is best for the current R1/M. S1000RR better if you do both road and track. :)

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
I dont like the sound ( i know im not normal 😂😂😂).

Well I'm going to wait and see if the rumoured Fireblade materialises and if it is all we have hoped for.

Back