At Anglesey in Sept - can you advise on...?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmallmanA

Reaction score
I'm at Anglesey for the first time Fri 9 Sept and Sun 11 Sept with No Limits (taking the shonker but useful K1 GSX-R1000, not the road-only S1R). Coastal Circuit Day One and International on Day Two. I'd love to hear some tips on the circuit and know if any from this Forum will be attending. Also, do the pits have power?

Anglesey

Anglesey is a great track but it is a relatively short lap compared to other UK circuits. It has some really fast and technical sections that are rewarding to ride especially if you use the whole of the circuit to aid lines on corner entry. If you have wets make sure that you take them as the weather can be a bit unpredictable at times. As for power there are sockets available in each of the garages but I would take an extension lead as there aren't that many.

Which circuit are they using ? the GP circuit is 2.1 miles and as Ryan says quite technical but its a great track, if the sun is shining its really awesome. great for wearing out knee sliders.

here's a video my son in law took on the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQfkmJCqGlE

not great quality and it was 6 years ago but it will give you a litte idea of some of the corners. as you'll see we were very lucky with the weather.

It was busy when I was there as it was a two day event with the ACU racers practising, so no garages availalbe, fortunatley I have a generator and pop up gazeebo

Gaffa22, both circuits over the two days. Is that you on the R1? Nice bike.

You can get around the coastal using 2 gears! Maybe 3 if really committed to getting into 4th. Very busy track, no real moments to rest. Corkscrew is fantastic. Enter the right hander in the corkscrew from no more than half track, you don't have to use the whole track.

Gaffa22, both circuits over the two days. Is that you on the R1? Nice bike.

Yes mate same as my Avatar, I did the longer circuit with the extra hairpin.
Im sure my avatar pic was taken at the corcscrew Alex is referring to

Back