2012 Winglets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PhilHays

Saw the Winglets on BillyBobs 2012 model the other day & I reckon they look cool. Will they fit the 2010 model? Ilmberger do them in Carbon but for nearly £300!!! They can kiss my arse.

Anyone know where do I can get a set for a sensible price?

Bear in mind they make cleaning the bike a pain. I leave them on for a quick wash but for a full wash and polish I have to take take them off. First time I did it I had to dig out the brouchere to make sure I put them on the right way round (they fit both ways).

Allan

Just looking at them, I'd have thought you'd need to change fairing uppers as well - the pre 2012s had similar little winglets (not as pronounced) moulded into them...

Maybe not - maybe they'd fit over the top.

Shug link=topic=856.msg8141#msg8141 date=1337870342 said:
Just looking at them, I'd have thought you'd need to change fairing uppers as well - the pre 2012s had similar little winglets (not as pronounced) moulded into them...

Maybe not - maybe they'd fit over the top.
They fit,2010/11 no problem,I've got them on mine,all you need is a top hat spacer,and you're ready to go! I haven't found any problems even when cleaning. Got mine from eBay £60 including all the parts you need. And yes they look cool!

S1000rr slipstream deflectors - Getting 'em supplied/posted direct from Allan Jeffries BMW in Shipley, they do fit 2010-11 models, no worries there. £50 for the pair, all in, fixtures & fittings. Back o' the net!

Just ordered an Ilmberger one piece race bellypan too. Christ sake, why don't BMW sell these bikes already tarted up? It's costing me a fortune. The fuel economy is lousy and the insurance is sky high too! :eek:

PhilHays link=topic=856.msg8149#msg8149 date=1337875513 said:
Just ordered an Ilmberger one piece race bellypan too. Christ sake, why don't BMW sell these bikes already tarted up? It's costing me a fortune. The fuel economy is lousy and the insurance is sky high too! :eek:

Mebbie its something to with 190 ponies?? ;D ;D

PhilHays link=topic=856.msg8133#msg8133 date=1337855970 said:
Saw the Winglets on BillyBobs 2012 model the other day & I reckon they look cool. Will they fit the 2010 model? Ilmberger do them in Carbon but for nearly £300!!! They can kiss my arse.

Anyone know where do I can get a set for a sensible price?

Never seen them in Carbon , are they on website ?

Back