Demo ride on HP4 Carbon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Hi
I have had a demo ride on a HP4 Carbon for sale this afternoon. The bike has certainly done a few track days but is in reasonable condition. The worrying thing was that there was noticeable vibration through the bars at all revs. Even with the bike at standstill it could still be felt. Is this vibration a trait of the HP4 as it was not apparent on a recent demo ride on a new 1000RR. Any advice?

It's a known trait certainly on the gen1 and 2 bikes, one of the members on here produces heavier bar end weights which pretty much sorts the problem. I find my gen 3 bike fine in this respect as you found on your demo ride.

When you say vibes then all bikes have them. If the vibes are really bad then either something is wrong with the bike or possibly the engine mounting bolts are not correctly positioned or torqued. It's not normal to have bad vibes constantly - the rev range around 4.5k is often vibey but not at standstill or across the entire range.

My mate test rode an R 1000 on Sunday there... he said the lh mirror was vibrating terribly as was the pegs even at idle... Ill side with Soof.... get it checked over... has any major component been removed or replaced ?

stuarts phone

Last edited:
Thanks for info. I believe bar end weights have already been replaced for heavier r &g ones. The bike is being checked over so hopefully the cause can be found.

Seems strange... im not conscience of any abnormal vibes on mine... and as far as Im aware there is no real history of excessive vibes on any of the Sthous...HP4s

stuarts phone

Doesn't sound right to me either, plenty more fish in the sea, why take a risk?

Thanks for info. I believe bar end weights have already been replaced for heavier r &g ones. The bike is being checked over so hopefully the cause can be found.

Did you happen to note the unique number on the top yoke, we might be able to find out a little about it....

Back