Michelin

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyres

Those look like the equivalent of the new Metzeler Racetec RR CompK and slightly older Pirelli Superbike Pro slicks.

Interested to hear some feedback on another manufacturer's tyres...hope you get on well with them. As Michelin released a whole revised range when they joined MotoGP I would hope for good things.

Last edited:
Thankyou for this Rys. I have already encapsulated this info and popped it into my tyre warmers. I once had warmer temperatures for the original Power Slick's but can't find it. I'll pop over to the very nice FE tyre man (not) and ask when I'm out there.

Be really interested to see your back tyre wear, I was cold tearing Metz K2's up in a day on track (suss and pressures all spot on) and switched to Dunlop KR108 rear (4) and all now perfect but like to see other options and how they get on. My frind is running Bridgestone V02 slicks on his HP4 and is getting great wear from them.

So for the moment I'm sticking with metz k1 front and dunlop 108 4 back. Some might say you shouldn't mix but Richard Cooper of BSB advised me they'll be no issues and that mix was fine at Le Mans last week :) ATM looking to get 4/5 days from front and 3/4 days from the rear which is far better for my bank account :)

Back