ZX7R to S1000RR - Go large or go home...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shug

GLOBAL MODERATOR
Reaction score
Picking up my 11 plate S1000RR on Saturday - sole big bike ownership to date is a ZX7R, so it's going to be a big jump, but I've done the test rides and prepared myself for the learning curve, so here we go...

Just knew within 10 miles of an A7 test-ride on the S-Thou that I needed one. That's after testing the '11 ZX10R as well.

Is a bloody long week so far...

Welcome Shug, A7 test ride on the S thou you lucky Bugger, what a wonderful road ;)

I had 2 ZXR750's and 1 of the updated ZX7R back in the 90's, what great bikes, you will Love the S1000

Good Luck to you

Welcome Shug. Mmm had a ZX7R still think it had one of the best fronts ends suspension wise ever. It was it shite purple though.

Cheers Lads,

Yeah, the ZX7R has taught me lots - love her to bits and have loved it since the days of Yanagawa in WSB. Not sold it yet, so there's always the possibility I'll hang onto it an go down the trackbike route - they can still hold their own...

A7 is lovely, I'm on the other side of the country so don't get over to it as much as I'd like, but I make up for it with some of the runs in Galloway and then up the west coast past Loch Lomond and beyond. Typical the weather is like this just now as all I want to do is go pick up the bike and ride! Still, work gets in the way...

I see it's fairly quiet in here so far, but hopefully it'll pick up and I'll have got on board near the beginning (have started a few forums myself!)

Hi Shug - and welcome to the forum.

I love the A7 also.....used to travel it every weekend for nearly 10yrs! Carlisle to Edinburgh and the east coast at Eyemouth - fantastic whether in car or bike.

I take it then you are buying from Central Motorrad?
What are they like? I am thinking of going there for future business - it's either there or Southport - from where I am now in Cumbria either one is more sense than going over to Allan Jefferies i'm beginning to think.
That would be as well as having another excuse to ride the A7 ;D

Hi Bill,

I'll hold my review of Central until the deal is fully through and I've got some more experience of them. To this point, it's been variable. The original guy I was dealing with left the company and his emails weren't forwarded to anyone else (aye, wouldn't have been an issue on the phone, but from work it's a lot easier for me to communicate by email - even an autoresponder on his address would have been fairly common industry practise)

I've been dealing with the Sales manager since then and he seems a good guy - not hugely communicative (again, I expect it's a difference in culture as I'm used to emails being answered and they're probably still used to being on the phone) Bike has been exactly as described, pricing fair (but firm - no deals, no freebies so far) Showroom looks decent, workshop looks excellent.

That's all I can say so far, but if we're open to full and frank reviews on the site, would be happy to do one once I've got some mileage with them. :)

Back