How hot has your engine got?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fino

Reaction score
What temp reading have you seen?

My engine temp reached 109c today due to the nice weather and stuck in good ole' London commuting traffic.

Got to a set of t/l and when they went green, I went and it stalled. Not an embarassing engine jolt stall but engine died, fired up quick enough but thought might have something to do with the heat?

Previous to that regulary saw 104c just on a normal commute.

If ragging it on a track, would it be normal then to see more than 109c?

Never seen 109c but as soon as I get in traffic for even for short time temp goes up to 104c ish. As soon as I get on the move 30mph + temp soon comes down. On track temps never going to get up to 109c unless bike is stuck on its side in the kitty litter with throttle stuck full on ;)

109 is high mine doesn't get past about 102 before the fan brings it down. I would check your fan is working at that temp and it should kick in at 100. My first one was hitting those temps before the warning lights came on at 112. I checked the fan was turning and it was seized solid.

115 degs quite often when I've been raggin it & ave to stop behind the stupid bints on their bloody gg's dropping shite on all the best twisties :mad:

babarr46 link=topic=847.msg8064#msg8064 date=1337724551 said:
115 degs quite often when I've been raggin it & ave to stop behind the stupid bints on their bloody gg's dropping shite on all the best twisties :mad:

I think they should have to get off and pick the sh1t up like dog owners do.

Either that or make the horses wear one of those bag things to catch the sh1t before it hits the deck .

MY fan comes on at 102 but seen 108 in traffic when oil heats up you can't touch the bloody frame

My fan does kick in around 100c.

I have oil and rad guards fitted but these weren't blocked.

Got up to 108c yesterday. A relief when traffic gets moving again and there some airflow.

Prehaps new oil will help it get cooler. Its due a service anyway.

I would have thought the heat is the payoff for the mill making so much power
It's nice in the winter mind

My frame heats up a lot - yesterday it was making my legs tres warm.........

I've seen engine temperature around 110 a few times and the Beamer garage said they were unconcerned by this and the fan kicks in within a few degrees of this and it's nowt to worry about.........

Never seen any warning lights on the display......

I have year left on the warranty so if it blows up it gets returned.... let's just hope it's raining whilst they mend it.

Having read this, should I be worried that commuting in traffic around 20MPH it gets to 103deg then fan cuts in almost at every traffic light today.... in winter at 3deg !!! What going to happen in mid summer.

My last three fireblades 2 x 900's and a 929 never reached fan cooling temp in mid winter ever in traffic !

My 2009 Blade would, my Gixxer K6 would, my SP2 definately would but I did say most, not all litre bikes.

Well, I will look forward to the whirr of the fan even more then !

Back