Link pipe

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bantam Steve

Reaction score
I have just fitted a decat link pipe to my HP4 and would like to keep the carbon heat shield on
Are there any straps (jubilee type) fittings that can be bought to go around the pipe and take the x2 small screws to refit it
Thanks Steve

Yeah mate. A guy on the us forum sells exactly those. They are only a few pounds to buy off him. You'll need to search as I can't find his details just at the mo.

Anyway, they do the job nicely, just a couple of jubilee clips with the nut bits on a slider from memory.

Just found these on eBay
Do you think they are the right parts ?
Thanks Steve

Akrapovič

As far as I'm aware BMW don't offer any spare parts to remount the carbon fibre shield when fitting an Akrapovič link pipe or HP Race Power Kit. You could either use the contact linked or source your own parts to make your own. Since replacing my slip-on with the full HP system I've not bothered and just put it back in the box as my boot doesn't foul the exhaust pipe. Aesthetically it would probably look quite good as Akrapovič carbon fibre parts are superb.

P1020861_zpsy2flqajb.jpg

You could try Performance parts they supply parts for them, that's where I got my new Akro stickers for the carbon shield under direction from Akrapovic

I have emailed the guy selling them and his getting back with a price
In the mean time I think I will have a go making a couple and see how they turn out
Thanks for your help
Cheers Steve

Ended up knocking a pair up for ?8.00
Two 70mm stainless steel jubilee clips and two fasteners that slide on to the clips
Job done

Back