Delays for "post recall" built bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonfrog

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am finalising the purchase of the bike. Dealer is saying unsure of delays for receiving the parts to fix the recall thingy.

Now, question: what do you guys hear as for the delay assuming I order a new bike now specifying a "post recall" produced bike in order to be sure the job has been done first time at the factory instead of by a dealer (no disrespect to the dealer but you see what I mean)...

Any ideas?

if you havent parted with your cash mate, then wait for one that doesnt need the work doing even if that means waiting, you will be waiting for the parts anyway.... just to add, they are worth waiting for

Put a deposit down on mine 6 weeks back, after 3 weeks all the recall stuff happened and my bike was delivered to the dealers but they couldnt let me have it. They said that the kit to fix it would be 3 weeks but i decided to order a new uneffected bike. Picked me bike up last saturday and they still have no kits
in stock at the dealers.

Personally i would be getting them to order you a new bike like i did

OK well gone and done it

New toy post recall all options with akra + rg sliders - alledgedly before end june

took it in blue :)

not THE WAIT begins :-\

Back