Stomp Tank Pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleT

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Has anyone fitted the stomp tank pads to the side of there tank, and do you think
they help taking the weight of your hands, as you can grip the tank with your legs
thanks
Neil :-\ :-\

I have never used it on any bike so can only give you my opinion on why I haven't fitted it. I personally don't like the look of it on the tank for one and I have never found that I need to grip with my legs on the tank.I'm sure some people on here will love it and that many Gp,wsb and bsb riders have it but I guess it's a bit of a personal choice thing really 8)

Had it on my Daytona 675 but that was because tank is narrow as only 3 cylinder and was constantly smashing balls on tank under heavy breaking. Find that shape of tank on Beemer means I don't need it

Im a fan of them mate, always use them. Find they give stability under heavy breaking, especially on track. There is an alternative on the market now but i cant remember the name. Hanna posted something about them not long ago. Havent used them mysrlf but the feedback from others was, there good but not as good as stomp grips but are much more aesthetically pleasing.

jamie link=topic=839.msg7994#msg7994 date=1337597160 said:
Im a fan of them mate, always use them. Find they give stability under heavy breaking, especially on track. There is an alternative on the market now but i cant remember the name. Hanna posted something about them not long ago. Havent used them mysrlf but the feedback from others was, there good but not as good as stomp grips but are much more aesthetically pleasing.

Is it Tech Spec tank pads you're thinking of ??, i use them.

Thanks for help I think the other pads were Tech spec pads, I think there the ones
you can peel off.
Also where can you buy the Tech spec pads
Thanks Neil :-\ :-\

kingfixer link=topic=839.msg7997#msg7997 date=1337610176 said:
jamie link=topic=839.msg7994#msg7994 date=1337597160 said:

Is it Tech Spec tank pads you're thinking of ??, i use them.
there the ones mate, how do you rate them

Cant rate the techs always had stomps, would think they each do a similar job. The lower portion i changed position to the frame from the infill, thats where my knees seem to naturally be. (6' 2")

I find them spot on and as i've always had black tanks they blend in, there aren't any out for the pani yet so i am using stompgrips. It's a personal thing really but i prefer the tech spec stuff.

I think they are great! Keeps tank scratch free and helps no end when breaking hard! Saves loads of arm pump lol

How easy are they to fit? Anything I need to look out for?

Cheers

Charlie

Easy to fit but I would recommend not getting the clear ones as any error or air bubble shows through.

Yes, I've used stomp grips on previous bikes but they were used frequently on track. I wouldn't fit stompgrips to a bike that was used only on the road as they increase the wear on your leathers at the knees.

I wouldn't fit stompgrips to a bike that was used only on the road as they increase the wear on your leathers at the knees.

That's the best thing about the TechSpecs-they are much kinder to your leathers.I certainly wouldn't fancy Stomps in Bermuda Shorts!

Hi I have the stomp grips fitted to my bike. I bought them years ago for my Gsxr due to paint wearing on tank and have bought them ever since to save it happening again. They do help when braking heavily but like noted above they do wear away your leathers at the knees.

The clear ones look ok
Take them off when you aren't on track maybe
Still think the stomp ones have the most grip

Last edited:
Back