Data Loggers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HP Race Datalogger

You can order the HP Race Datalogger from any BMW Motorrad dealership. The part number is 77 53 8 526 204 and the RRP is ?515.00. You will need a laptop to access the data using the supplied HP software.

Re: Top speed

Does the data logger provide laptimer info on the bike dash in real time, I.e. Like the 2d laptimer?

HP Race Datalogger

No. The HP Race Datalogger simply stores data ready for retrieval later on and nothing more. The 2D GPS Laptrigger is required if you want to have lap times displayed automatically on the dash each time you cross a known Start/Finish line.

Where did you obtain your datalogger and do you use a laptop?
As been said the software will only work with Windows (Thank god, i hate Apple platforms). I'll post some screen shots soon for you to see if you like all that stuff. Gives you everything you need to know and i mean EVERYTHING, but you need to be a god to work it all out. Got mine from my BMW dealer at the time of bike purchase.

As been said the software will only work with Windows (Thank god, i hate Apple platforms). I'll post some screen shots soon for you to see if you like all that stuff. Gives you everything you need to know and i mean EVERYTHING, but you need to be a god to work it all out. Got mine from my BMW dealer at the time of bike purchase.

Yes please Marzy

does the software match up circuits with gps data to provide lap time info (when downloaded to a pc)?

Yes it does mate. I have some data from local roads, i did have some data from Almeria last year but i accidentally deleted it......Bugger. i will have some more Andalucia and Almeria data later in the year.

Thanks hp. We have a forum vendor, Prime Factors, who are the uk distributor for alpha so we get forum discounts on most of the kit :).
Just make sure it come's with the software disk, it ain't no good without it Soof..

HP Race Datalogger

This is what comes supplied in the box...

P1020709_zpslr4ihh9x.jpg

Mine came with a fluffy pocket as well lol

Thanks for the info chaps, it's been really helpful. It's between the BMW data logger and the aim solo dl and/or the smarty cam gp setup. I have sent Aim a load of questions so we shall see...

I also have an Aim Solo and think the world of it TBH. Really well thought out and put together by someone who cares.

Datalogging

I've used both AiM and 2D datalogging equipment before and whilst both are very good but I prefer the latter. The HP Race Datalogger (2D) is exceptionally good value for money especially as it records 32 channels of data. Once you understand how to interpret the telemetry it's a very useful tool in understanding how to go faster.

Re: Datalogging

I've used both AiM and 2D datalogging equipment before and whilst both are very good but I prefer the latter. The HP Race Datalogger (2D) is exceptionally good value for money especially as it records 32 channels of data. Once you understand how to interpret the telemetry it's a very useful tool in understanding how to go faster.
I know exactly what you mean. Does BMW run a course on data logging interpretation by any chance lol.

2D Datalogging

2D offer training courses and packages and I did one a few years ago when I was racing. It covered basic data recording and telemetry interpretation and was delivered by a 2D representative track side. BMW HP Race Support also offer limited free advice if contacted directly. Likewise if you are racing they can provide bespoke packages at cost to support you throughout a race season.

Back