friendly warning from plod

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie

Reaction score
For anyone who rides in lincolnshire,

I got waved down yesterday by plod, Actually he was one of the reasonable friendly ones. Told me they were checking tax discs and i'd be on my way in no time, that didnt quite work out because he wouldn't shut up talking about bikes. But what he did tell me was that Lincolnshire police are targeting number plates over the next three months. ( why they have to specifically target us at all i dont know, it's like a return to the late 90's), he seemed genuinely disgruntled about it himself but warned there were plenty of young cock heads (his words not mine) that will be pulling every bike over with ruler in hand.

Just a heads up, i use a 7x5 myself and never had a problem, they certainly show up on speed camera's that for sure, BUT i have been warned

Thanks for the heads up Jamie ;)

Thats Ironic, I have a larger than Large number plate but I dont display my Tax Disc on the Bike. Wonder if I would get done for not displaying? :)

I got done for a small plate a few years back and I now know the errors of my ways.

The people who decide these targets are complete and utter tw@s.

Why dont the target all of the people riding round with 'personal' plates and incorrect spacing/fonts.

There is a car near me who has black and silver plates on. And no its not an old car.

Barstewards. Rant over.

Phil-same answer i think , some will and some wont, the problem is the ones that will, are being encouraged by nobs fondly called tw@ts by Godzilla

Godzilla- x2, or the youth in his dads merc that wasdangerously up my arse trying to get me to race............................................of course i didnt bite and didnt want to race so i just very quickly left him behind ;)

Phil - I don't display or even carry my tax disk anymore. I was pulled once and I just said I was fed up with people nicking it which he accepted. It's all computerised now so easy for them to check. Plate wise I'm packing an 8x6 which doesn't look like its taking the piss.

I get the feeling there is a bit of a general purge this year lots of speed camera vans out.

Vinny nice and unbiased as usual.

VINNY RR link=topic=801.msg7688#msg7688 date=1336589554 said:
all plod are Tw@ts no exceptions.

Let's hope you never need those Tw@ts help for whatever reason !!!!!

Boyce link=topic=801.msg7714#msg7714 date=1336635770 said:
VINNY RR link=topic=801.msg7688#msg7688 date=1336589554 said:
all plod are Tw@ts no exceptions.

Let's hope you never need those Tw@ts help for whatever reason !!!!!

sorry chaps that statment was a bit over the top......think im still upset about the speeding conviction.

If you don't ride Lincs roads very often watch out.

1. There are plenty of unmarked cars about Audi's, BMW's etc and they're really hot on bikers.

2. Speed camera van very often out near Market Rasen - certainly every wednesday night nad very often at weekends.

3. Small number plates are a real invite in Lincs. . . use one and you will get pulled.

You lot are well lucky we've got all the undercover goodies here bikes, 4x4's, cars (scoobies,st's,audi's) helicopters, camera vans, plod and do gooding nimby plastic plods.
Our chief of sussex police has a zero tolerance attitude for any bikers, they often invade the bike meets with their rulers for the small plates & wave groups in lay-bys for there free safety checks.
Last year they were baiting us bikers on the camera bikes by riding up fast on our back wheels & seeing if they could push us on & then if that didn't work they over took sped up & then slowed to try to get you to get frustrated and overtake :mad: :mad:...... many were caught ...we used to do the nick nick sign & pull over that pissed em off. If we want a good ride-out now we go to another county ;D ;D

I'd rather take my chances over here than Germany. Two of our group got a tug over their exhausts over the weekend. Out came the 'baffle' stick and they were all set to impound their bikes until they were fitted with baffles (which neither of them had with them). They were carting them off to the station when they had a change of mind and ordered them back to the hotel. I was lucky I was well behind and didn't get pulled as even the standard pipe wouldn't pass the stick test.

babarr46 link=topic=801.msg8567#msg8567 date=1339087919 said:
You lot are well lucky we've got all the undercover goodies here bikes, 4x4's, cars (scoobies,st's,audi's) helicopters, camera vans, plod and do gooding nimby plastic plods.
Same here in Essex but our Boys in Blue are now more focused on education than out right nicks. Last year I was poodaling through a Village (good busy bike route) and got pulled over into a School car park where the Bikesafe Police riders offered a 30minute Observed ride and Free Bacon Rolls + coffee/teas. They didnt want to check the Bikes, never commented on my Dark Visor or my friends small plate ;D.... They seem to be making a real effort to help reduce Bike fatalities by education.

I hate the feeling I get when I get pulled, Heart Sinks and I think Oh Shit!!!

I think that sort of positive policing works really well, its a shame not all forces are so forward thinking! ;)
I would respond and have much more respect to someone who treats me like a fellow biker &road user rather than a common criminal!! :eek:

babarr46 link=topic=801.msg8604#msg8604 date=1339147003 said:
I think that sort of positive policing works really well, its a shame not all forces are so forward thinking! ;)
That positive Policing comes from the Top... It does depend on what type of Top Man is in charge.

Durham (Bike/Traffic) Police seem to be fair, they asked me to keep it gentle in the towns/villages and then go dooo on the moors/lanes etc.
They also told me that they have No Speed camera's in Durham, then I was given a map with favourite Bike routes with danger points, distances, fav tea stops etc etc
Imo that was good Policing ;)

Back