Expensive fall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see how a bike can be written off for frame damage with a simple zero speed topple like that. Was it the guy filming that did it? Was Peter Kaye the narrator ffs?

I can't see how a bike can be written off for frame damage with a simple zero speed topple like that. Was it the guy filming that did it? Was Peter Kaye the narrator ffs?

Does look like it was the camera man!

I can see it, all it takes is scratch to the frame. I occasionally do insurance jobs/quotes. A simple scratch or graze to a frame would call for a replacement. Even though you or I would probably be happy with a touch up or re paint ect, in the eyes of an insurance assessor anything that isn't how it was before the accident needs replacing with a new part..

they will total loss it for a scratch on the frame, the insurance would just want to replace the frame.
It does look like the guy filming walks into the BMW and causes it to fall.

ffs that's mental , can you imagine coming back to that! defo looks like the guy with the camera, Peter kay lol good one soof.
honestly though if that was your bike you'd be wanting to punch Peter unconscious

Would be furious. Are they bikes actually that much? If they were, I would deffo choose somewhere away from anything else to park it up. Shouldn't need to tho.

I can see it, all it takes is scratch to the frame. I occasionally do insurance jobs/quotes. A simple scratch or graze to a frame would call for a replacement. Even though you or I would probably be happy with a touch up or re paint ect, in the eyes of an insurance assessor anything that isn't how it was before the accident needs replacing with a new part..

I didn't know that, thanks, good info :).

Thing is...the owner probably won't claim. He'll get it sorted.

Last edited:
I am amazed at the damage. This is when people should have to be insured, not vehicles. You should be liable for being a cock.

Back