My Girl

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Few pics of my pride & joy. 10plate S1K, Yoshimura case saver kit, R&G Aero crash bungs, Adjustablelevers.com levers, Yoshimura R-55 can :)
DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

Hanna link=topic=793.msg7563#msg7563 date=1336404486 said:
Why does your shed have a cat flap? Is the cat not allowed in the house?
Nope the Mrs developed severe allergies, throat closing up style not just a sniffle. He's ok tho - its carpeted and has its own heating and radio ;)

Ah okay then. Poor kitty... and poor misses.

Bike's looking pretty cool as well. ;D

Hanna link=topic=793.msg7566#msg7566 date=1336407987 said:
Ah okay then. Poor kitty... and poor misses.

Bike's looking pretty cool as well. ;D
Thanks, i couldn't bear to rehome him. He's been in there for yrs now & is fine, comes in the spare room when its really cold or firework season tho ;)

Hey Johnboy........what station does the cat usually listen to then - radio 2 or radio 4? :D

On a more serious note - did you have any trouble with the adjustable levers? I had to take mine off - the brake lever and the ABS didn't get on - every now and again the brakes would lock up and bind on - this only happened with the ally adjustables - which look excatly the same as yours but I had straight black anodized.
had to revert back to the original levers. Shame ' cos the clutch lever has no adjustability at all (tight tight BMW barstewards!).
Even BMW couldn't make them work or tell me what the problem was - other than the lever was operating the switch when it was at rest - yet the brake light was'nt on!?

sliderbill link=topic=793.msg7569#msg7569 date=1336408398 said:
Hey Johnboy........what station does the cat usually listen to then - radio 2 or radio 4? :D

On a more serious note - did you have any trouble with the adjustable levers? I had to take mine off - the brake lever and the ABS didn't get on - every now and again the brakes would lock up and bind on - this only happened with the ally adjustables - which look excatly the same as yours but I had straight black anodized.
had to revert back to the original levers. Shame ' cos the clutch lever has no adjustability at all (tight tight BMW barstewards!).
Even BMW couldn't make them work or tell me what the problem was - other than the lever was operating the switch when it was at rest - yet the brake light was'nt on!?
He's a radio 1 guy! Think the levers are going to have to go, i think the brakes are binding slightly and i had to sleeve the micro switch lever on the clutch but the quickshifter intermittently doesn't work despite it. Hey ho looking loke back to the big old ugly uns!

sliderbill link=topic=793.msg7569#msg7569 date=1336408398 said:
Ive got the same ones in black and had no issues at all, i just switched over the little micro switch activator & hey presto they worked fine ;D

Hmm - I was considering getting some adjustable levers but after reading this thread think I will pass. Thanks for the heads up peeps.

I got some adjustable levers and the brakes binder on, it seems that the lever position is slightly back so pushes that master cylinder plunger in slightly. problem will come when the brakes get hot and then the binding will start.

back to original levers. ::)

Re: My Girl - levers

Hey babarr46 - when you say the 'micro-switch activator' - is that the little peg thingy that fits on the post on the lever - I switched mine over also - and if i'm not wrong there was only one way for it to go on - and I still had problems.
It worked ok sometimes and sometimes left you waiting at the side of the road until it decided it was going to work ok again.
(I even carried the original lever and tools to swap it over if I got caught out (anal ++++ ......I will not let it beat me! - I will not let it beat me! - until I decided it had beaten me!? Then reverted back to original). Being a Scotsman an' all - I will not pay anyone 200 odd quid for a set of levers.

ekdg link=topic=793.msg7589#msg7589 date=1336418258 said:
I got some adjustable levers and the brakes binder on, it seems that the lever position is slightly back so pushes that master cylinder plunger in slightly. problem will come when the brakes get hot and then the binding will start.

back to original levers. ::)
make sure the master cylinder plunger is seated correctly & the switch activator is in the correct orientation, (also make sure you don't let the master cylinder plunger extend too far & lose brake pressure)
so long as your not completely ham fisted should be a doddle, was for me. ;D

The plunger was in the correct orientation in the brass socket, it was the position of the lever was incorrect so the whole part was too far back to the plunger.
I never had a problem with the clutch though.

Re: My Girl - levers

sliderbill link=topic=793.msg7591#msg7591 date=1336418713 said:
Hey babarr46 - when you say the 'micro-switch activator' - is that the little peg thingy that fits on the post on the lever - I switched mine over also - and if i'm not wrong there was only one way for it to go on - and I still had problems.
It worked ok sometimes and sometimes left you waiting at the side of the road until it decided it was going to work ok again.
(I even carried the original lever and tools to swap it over if I got caught out (anal ++++ ......I will not let it beat me! - I will not let it beat me! - until I decided it had beaten me!? Then reverted back to original). Being a Scotsman an' all - I will not pay anyone 200 odd quid for a set of levers.
Yep that's what he means mate - ive put some rubber tubing over the activator which works most of the time but not all................. back to the stock ones this week im afraid

fatbob link=topic=793.msg7573#msg7573 date=1336413107 said:
Bike looks sweet fella
Ya must made up , and the best colour an all
Cheers Bob, yours will look as good again when ya take ur towbar off ;)

VINNY RR link=topic=793.msg7612#msg7612 date=1336427487 said:
johnboy...... so no aftermarket levers work properly on the bike... i was going to get some but i dont think ill bother now.
not had any issues with mine ,fitted in a few mins no worries! ;)

babarr46 link=topic=793.msg7613#msg7613 date=1336427596 said:
VINNY RR link=topic=793.msg7612#msg7612 date=1336427487 said:
johnboy...... so no aftermarket levers work properly on the bike... i was going to get some but i dont think ill bother now.
not had any issues with mine ,fitted in a few mins no worries! ;)
Seems a bit of a lottery tbh! Bad experience for me doesn't seem to be any consistency accross the board ::)

i have some austin racing levers for sale if anybody wants them they worked fine on my bike just switched to the hp ones i want £100 they are only 2 months old

Back