Purchase advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonfrog

Reaction score
Hello all

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2012 s1000rr. I would like to know if there are views about bike (not rider) accessories that I should try to negotiate in the deal. Is it worth it or should I just concentrate on just getting the best deal on the bike outright and worry about accessories later.

Any advice or experience appreciated!

The only thing worth having out of their catelogue are the levers but I would just get the the best repayments and make sure it comes on the K3s.

For me, consumables which cost the dealer less than you are always the last haggling point, eg free service or free next set of tyres

i insisted on the bolt on's mate, bobbin's and bungs, not much but better than nothing and got the first service thrown in. Just those little things that add up when you get a new bike.

When you say the bolt on do you mean the crash bunds etc?

What brand does BMW provide? I was looking at RG non drill ones - look ok but for the engine itself I was more leaning towards GB racing.

Any thoughts?

BMW used to lean towards the Gilles ones. Not sure about the 2012.

They are more difficult to fit. You will get charged an hours labour to fit the R&G ones.

Hi Frog - if you are thinking of carrying anything around with u then u could try and get them to throw in the tail bag (the tank bag is so small not worth bothering with IMO). Options are limited and expensive so worth a try.

Cheers buddy, ride safe

londonfrog link=topic=789.msg7671#msg7671 date=1336566715 said:

What brand does BMW provide? I was looking at RG non drill ones - look ok but for the engine itself I was more leaning towards GB racing.

Any thoughts?
yes mate, crash bungs, bobbins, tail tidy and motografix tank protector too. (motograffix are just oposite my dealer)
They are all R and G but maybe thats because i specified them. they fitted them for me free before i picked up the bike, but again thats what i insisted i wanted. It's not much but just a few bits you can do without when you've just folked out 7k and your part ex.
just for the record RG do two crash bungs for the 2012 model, the slightly cheaper options means cutting into the fairing :eek: so pay the bit extra for the ones where you dont. My dealer wont fit the first option anyway but it made no differance to me obviously. I did cut into the fairing on a previous bike and it's squeaky arse time to say the least.

jamie link=topic=789.msg7685#msg7685 date=1336587360 said:

Any thoughts?
yes mate, crash bungs, bobbins, tail tidy and motografix tank protector too. (motograffix are just oposite my dealer)
They are all R and G but maybe thats because i specified them. they fitted them for me free before i picked up the bike, but again thats what i insisted i wanted. It's not much but just a few bits you can do without when you've just folked out 7k and your part ex.
just for the record RG do two crash bungs for the 2012 model, the slightly cheaper options means cutting into the fairing :eek: so pay the bit extra for the ones where you dont. My dealer wont fit the first option anyway but it made no differance to me obviously. I did cut into the fairing on a previous bike and it's squeaky arse time to say the least.
Never really seen the point in drilling a hole in the thing you're trying to protect?

Johnboy link=topic=789.msg7694#msg7694 date=1336594841 said:
jamie link=topic=789.msg7685#msg7685 date=1336587360 said:

Any thoughts?
Never really seen the point in drilling a hole in the thing you're trying to protect?
think they are designed to protect more than just the plastic's mate, i personally wouldn't be without them. luckily the need to cut in seems to be slowly becoming unnecassary with newer models

Get a big fat credit note so that you can have them fit you're aftermarket exhaust system, PCV, Rearsets etc.

Back