Chester Motorrad or Benham Motorrad

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenstar

Reaction score
Not sure which one, both about the same distance, Oil change filter & brake fluid ?225, what ya recon?

Can't speak for Chester but I've just had my first service at Benham and following a bit of a chat the chief mechanic there really know his bikes and loves the S1000RR if that's worth anything...

Chester is where I purchased my 2015 so went to them for a second service quote of ?210. I enquired about a collection and delivery service and this was ?10 each way, total ?230. I phoned Bowker who are supposed to be good and they quoted ?175 for service and so back onto Chester and they matched it and threw in free delivery and collection.

When my bike was dropped off after service the guy told me I'd get the invoice in the post, that was April 8th, I didn't get the invoice and they've only just chased me for payment - 8 weeks later. I raised some questions about the bike for which they didn't feedback their findings, the belly pan wasn't fitted properly, fairing tabs on the outside in some places. Oil residue down the underside of the belly pan and the bike covered in greasy prints, so I wasn't going to be chasing them to pay the bill. Anyway, whinge later they've agreed to waive the labour charge on the next service. The manager tells me they've made changes in their service department so stick with your original choice.

You could at least mention why, is their coffee bad or something? :D
I didn't get offered any coffee Mick! ....id say they are either understaffed or badly trained.....terrible after sales customer service.....bad communication between sales and workshop....they had my 1 month old bike back in the workshop for a 14 day repair last summer ...they kept the bike for 8 weeks during which time they ignored most of my emails and struggled to return my calls requesting for an update! ......refused to give me a loan bike or any compensation. I had to speak to BMW Motorrad UK for many hours on the phone to eventually arrange a loan bike and they eventually gave me some compensation after i threatened to return the bike. It felt like Chester basically washed their hands of me as soon as i'd bought the bike and made me feel like an idiot whenever i raised an issue (of which there were many) with the bike ....
e.g. bike veering to the right....Chester totally dismissed my claim about this.....2 of their sales staff rode my bike and told me it was perfect....it was blatantly veering! I then insisted that one of their tech guys ride the bike with me following on another bike........their tech guy noticed the veering straight away and said if it was his bike he'd be throwing back at them! .....they still failed to do anything about the issue which was eventually raised by BMW months later as a known issue. So either the sales staff have no clue what a bike feels like veering or they were trying to play me as an idiot??

Anyway, i could go on......all round a terrible customer service experience.....will never buy another bike from them, nor will any of my friends who heard about my experience.
Wasn't going to slag them off on here but **** it, you guys should know ;)

Back