My toys

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
So I've had my S1000RR for a few weeks now, spent a few quid on some bits and pieces for it and they are pretty much all fitted so thought I'd throw a few pics up.

List of mods:

New end can
Tank grips
Custom weighted bar ends - home made
R&G rear swingarm protectors
R&G main crash bungs
R&G frame infils
Ali belly pan to cover exhaust box
Rear bobbins for paddock stand
Small plate

Few bits left to go on:

Heated grips - when I get hold of a tiny torn bit to take off the switch gear!
Rear footpeg hole covers - home made just need to get some shorter bolts
R&G front spindle bungs - when I find them in my garage somewhere.

Always been into my cars and bikes so may swell show off a few other bits at the same time! Current fleet is the S1000RR, my old ZX6R that is for sale, my E90 M3, an XJS Convertible and my newly purchased E39 530i for a eurotrip I'm doing next month, spending a lot of money to run vehicles at the minute!

Then I've had a few decent cars in the past too, highlights being:

Plus a lot of other less exciting things, all in 10 years of driving!

Last edited:
Welcome Joe, you've had some interesting motors, are you into restoration?

XJS, a mate of mine has one and it seems to need constant fettling to keep it in good shape

Ah I see!

My Dad bought it new in '89 when I was a few months old, and passed away nearly 3 years ago so it came into my hands. Only done 8.5k miles from new so not had much chance to go wrong, but even being garaged from day 1 it does have a few rust scabs on it!

You can't beat '70's build quality(!), can't be many with that low mileage, a nice steady contrast to the M3!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Joe.
Nice bike and cars you have, lovely to have your dads motor too.

You can't beat '70's build quality(!), can't be many with that low mileage, a nice steady contrast to the M3!

In about 10 years of looking at others for sale I've not seen one in better condition and lower mileage. Yeah the build quality leaves a lot to be desired that's for sure, and for such a huge bus it's very cramped inside. Not my choice of car at all but will be cherished because it was my dads.
It makes me happy with the economy of my M3 though, averages around 7mpg!

The M3 gets around 17mpg for my daily use, I work 4 miles from home so mostly short journeys. On a decent run it'll get 27mpg, and the lowest the computer will read is 4mpg…!

Blimey, similar to the Evo 8 I once owned. You'd better start using the S1K for commuting, much more economical!

Ha, I'm using the bike as much as possible and do notice the saving at the end of the week!

Nice collection Joe, XJS always has a place in my heart. One of my first conquests was in one, my mates Dad owned a garage and we used to take the flash cars out on a Friday and Saturday night and cruise outside the clubs. Nothing pissed the guys off more than spending all night plying some girl with drink to see them disappear once outside with a spotty teenager in a big car. LOL

JimmyMac

Nice collection Joe, XJS always has a place in my heart. One of my first conquests was in one, my mates Dad owned a garage and we used to take the flash cars out on a Friday and Saturday night and cruise outside the clubs. Nothing pissed the guys off more than spending all night plying some girl with drink to see them disappear once outside with a spotty teenager in a big car. LOL

JimmyMac

Haha legend!

I'm one down now, the ZX6R has been collected thank god! Took it for a final lap round the block before the guy turned up, shocked me how flat and rubbish 600's are once you get used to a proper bike!

Haha legend!

I'm one down now, the ZX6R has been collected thank god! Took it for a final lap round the block before the guy turned up, shocked me how flat and rubbish 600's are once you get used to a proper bike!

Hope he doesnt read this or he'll be back for his money Joe lol

Back