Tyre pressure question!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingsman84

Reaction score
Ive got some dunlop moto2 slicks for my next track day at croft. They are medium compound and 195/75r17. Need some advice on what pressure to run them at hot. Cheers in advance

The local ventor had them and I could buy them for a good price but then I thought that the setup will be a nightmare to be done. I think, without been 100% sure, the pressures were the same as KR slicks. Tell us what you think after you test them. I believe the bike will be very agile with the profile those tyres have.

I have pvm wheels fitted to the bike so they fit sound. Its hard to get any info on them as they are usually only made for moto2 and Ive heard different things on what pressures to run. Think I will start at 20psi hot at the rear and 32-35 psi on the front. By all accounts should be great rubber. But I will report back when ive put them through their paces

I have pvm wheels fitted to the bike so they fit sound. Its hard to get any info on them as they are usually only made for moto2 and Ive heard different things on what pressures to run. Think I will start at 20psi hot at the rear and 32-35 psi on the front. By all accounts should be great rubber. But I will report back when ive put them through their paces

Look forward to the report! The side grip should be awesome! (Increased contact patch)

I know someone who runs them and he runs them the same pressures as the krs and 212 gps. If i recall 22 32 hot

I used these tyres in Spain last year without any clearance issues but can't remember what pressures i were running. I always ask the tyre man on site.

Run the same as KR's.
19-22 rear
30-33 front
According to a knowledgeable dunlop insider,the profiles are the same as the kr's.
They work perfectly for me.Just wish I could find some at the right price.
Have fun!

The Dunlop Moto 2's will clear the hugger even with the tyre warmer on. You will need suitable tyre warmers as ones suitable for 55 profile are a bit short around the 75 profile.

Back